There is no music left in my home

Cornman

I am also late to the thread - apparently "The Lounge" threads no longer show on the main page?

First, please accept my sincere condolences on your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

But when I read your response giving background on the situation, my thoughts turn to something approaching rage. I am continually shocked and appalled at the extent of how our drug laws affect so many people. The war on drugs reaches so much further than stopping people from getting high - it affects personal liberties in so many other ways - many ways we don't think about until another appalling example stares us in the face.

The prohibitions we have about pain control and the single most important freedom a "free" country should protect, that of dying when and how you wish, are an abomination.  Others mileage may vary, but I hold those truths to be self-evident.

Dave

Nailed it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Luther and I were able to spend some time today with Joe and his wonderful family. I will attach soon a photo of the back of the program giving a brief background on his beloved wife when I get home..

The music Joe picked out was wonderful and it was amazing how they put together a photo essay of his wife and their family.

Travis

• Like 1

• Moderators

I have tried to attach the photo of the back of the program for Joe's wife, however, whatever I do, it end up upside down.  Maybe somebody here can do something with it and repost it right side up.  In the meantime, I have just dictated it out as it appears in the photo so you don't have to turn you head upside down:

Obituary 

Patricia Ann Shultz, of Kyle, Texas, was born October 2, 1959 in Vidor, TX.  She passed away Saturday, February 21, 2015, at the age of 56.

Pat is survived by her husband, Joe Shultz, and children Aaron Shultz, Emily Shultz, and Jake Kesinger.  Sister Sandy Jacobs & Brother Kenneth Jacobs.

She met her husband Joe in Hemphill Texas, and they married 28 years ago in Florida on the Gulf of Mexico.  Employment took them from Florida back to Nacogdoches, then on to Phoenix Arizona, before returning to Austin in 1992.

Pat was a loving wife and homemaker who home schooled Aaron and Emily. Her family and friends will always remember her as a kind and caring mother.

The family of Mrs. Pat Schultz wishes to express out sincere thanks for the expressions of lover during our time of bereavement.

post-13028-0-36900000-1425225305_thumb.j

• Like 2

Joe, knowing that you had the chance to love and cherish Pat is one of the greatest gifts the Lord could give you. In time, as your pain lessens, you again will realize this, and be comforted by the love you shared with her, and your kids. Peace.

Dave

• Like 1