Khorn for sale! sold

gsxrfun86

I was the one who PMd him privately because I did not want to attack his sale. I sold my perfect pair of 1998 Klipschorns with Glass tops for $2,000 when the market bottomed out when Obummer was dealing with bailing out the banking system. I suggested to the original poster that $2,700 was a fair price, not $2,500 and maybe he might get $3,000 IF he was lucky and found the right buyer.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 4

I was the one who PMd him privately because I did not want to attack his sale. I sold my perfect pair of 1998 Klipschorns with Glass tops for $2,000 when the market bottomed out when Obummer was dealing with bailing out the banking system. I suggested to the original poster that $2,700 was a fair price, not $2,500 and maybe he might get $3,000 IF he was lucky and found the right buyer.

Roger

why is it that everybody regrets selling their khorns - I 'll tell you why , they are commanding higher and higher prices -

86 slowzuki 750 ltd... nice.

one of the first of the aluminum frames and a dry clutch to boot.

I had an 87 Deltabox FZR1000 that made over 120hp at the wheel off the show room floor. peanuts compared to the bikes now days.

im not commanding anything. i bought these for twice as much in 96 they are a rare item if you dont want a large speaker then you have a right to buy the much smaller ones. but for the people who wish to experience large sounding music they will have to pay some money. my price was high i felt they were worth it. once i was shown how much there going for i adjusted the price. im sorry that some of you have had to sell the speakers at a low price and cool that you got them at a better price. i feel that my i repeat MY speakers are worth 3500 anything lower then 3k isnt worth giving up these amazing speakers.

Roger

why is it that everybody regrets selling their khorns - I 'll tell you why , they are commanding higher and higher prices -

I agree with Randy. I'm going to ruffle feathers by saying this, but I'll take K-horns without good corners over Belles, LaScalas, and Cornwalls. To my ears, they sound THAT nice. I wouldn't part with my oiled oak K-horns for under $3,500. This pair sounds like a nice deal.  Jeff

• Like 1

i feel that my i repeat MY speakers are worth 3500

No one is telling you for what price to attempt to sell your speakers. You asked for our recommendations and we responded. If you do not want our opinions, then don't ask. But after you ask, don't discount our opinions. We gave you data from our experience. Use it, don't use, it is up to you. You are taking to people who live and breath this stuff. We watch prices constantly. Nonetheless, that does not mean less informed people will not pay more.

As P.T. Barnum said...

GLWS

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

i wasnt discounting anybody opinions that was in reply to "why is it that everybody regrets selling their khorns - I 'll tell you why , they are commanding higher and higher prices" please read my replys fully. i very clearly reposted im not commanding anything. im not in the game of making money.

Edited by gsxrfun86

Roger

why is it that everybody regrets selling their khorns - I 'll tell you why , they are commanding higher and higher prices

NOT

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

i feel that my i repeat MY speakers are worth 3500

No one is telling you for what price to attempt to sell your speakers. You asked for our recommendations and we responded. If you do not want our opinions, then don't ask. But after you ask, don't discount our opinions. We gave you data from our experience. Use it, don't use, it is up to you. You are taking to people who live and breath this stuff. We watch prices constantly. Nonetheless, that does not mean less informed people will not pay more.

I didn't take it as he was discounting our opinions, Earl.  There are other posters here who have paid $3500 for mint Khorns, and GSXer said his were mint.  I can't comment on exact prices because I've never bought or sold any.

He came down off of his initial price after hearing feedback from people here, and he came down to a price which seems to be in the range of a quality Khorn.

Roger

I agree with Randy. I'm going to ruffle feathers by saying this, but I'll take K-horns without good corners over Belles, LaScalas, and Cornwalls. To my ears, they sound THAT nice. I wouldn't part with my oiled oak K-horns for under $3,500. This pair sounds like a nice deal.  Jeff

That statement sounds like my wife, touch them and die.

She runs PC fed KT88/Mono Blocks, and i keep telling her, come on babe, let me put this QSC500 on there......touch them and die.

• Like 2

Welcome gsxrfun86,

I think anything above 2500+ is a good offer. Next it depends on the condition of the khorns as well as the buyer. I don't own a khorn, but often see that new owner re-building at least the crossovers as capacitors have dried out. It's really admireable and nice to see that khorns have not lost their top place in current day and time of tiny tiny speakers!

Good luck with your sale.

Ceptorman

nice have you changed the forks tripple clamps and rear wheel yet?

On the SV? Yes I have a F3 rear wheel for the better choices of tires, plus I can do a 160 rear. I actually have a whole GSXR 750 complete fork setup. It's a fun little bike to race, 340 lbs and 90 hp.