Joining the Palladium guys (pics page 9)

Scrappydue

and for fun since i don't know if i have ever put a picture of this on here but i got sick of buying individual shelves for blu rays so i decided to make one with my dad last summer. well little did i know but it filled up fast. so it needs a smaller twin on the rear wall of my living room. 

16918481181_8f29bfb4da_b.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Here you go Scrappy, I added a bit of Youthman's touch to your photo.  Adjusted your white balance, added some contrast and unsharpen mask.

palladium.jpg

Original Image

16299464593_561468590b_b.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 2

Here you go Scrappy, I added a bit of Youthman's touch to your photo.  Adjusted your white balance, added some contrast and unsharpen mask.

palladium.jpg

Original Image

16299464593_561468590b_b.jpg

Now if you could just color match the cabinet to the speakers... LOL

That is a killer looking system scrappy! I can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on each speaker and the system as a whole. I also have a friend who owns a Legacy system including the Silverscreen HD and it is probably the best I have heard. His Legacy Audio Xtreme is an amazing sub. I am looking forward to hear your thoughts on the P-312W.

• 2 weeks later...

well the other day i had a few guys over from the avs forum and we all sat and did some listening to the palladiums. everyone enjoyed music on them as soon as they walked in. we did more movie listening that music. i did play a little full range stuff before they left and everyone was impressed with the low end from them. but i have a magical room for full range towers. 

we watched a few clips off of my scuba steve demo disc, one of which was the mini gun clip from book of eli. i played the demo at -6 on the main volume, with the sub 4 db hot over cal. everyone thought it sounded great at -10 but we all agreed something wasn't right. we talked about the possibility of the room being overloaded and the front three being much to close to the wall. I've been stewing on it for a week. 

so after thinking about everything i decided to take the bookshelves and center to my buddies last night to try in his 18x18 treated room and run these babies on a 550w X7 amp and feed them the power they are rated for. played the same clips as well as a couple of others. center was on a start about 2 foot from the back wall, and the bookshelves were about 2 ft from side walls and 3 feet from back walls. we started full range on bookshelves and no sub. man these things are awesome in his rom! much better than in my room. i just have to small of a room to properly setup these speakers. played a few different songs from mumford and sons and a couple other artists i hadn't heard as he listens to nothing mainstream really. everything sounded great. 

then we moved onto the movie demo clips. that same book of eli scene that sounded strained in my room, sounded awesome in his room. I've loved his legacy silver screen HD center since the first time i heard it. this palladium center is on par with it. then we watched the dragon scene on desolation of smaug as his silver screen sounded simply unreal with this movie. the palladium shined again. between it and the bookshelves as mains the palladiums are a very VERY capable speaker for both music and home theater. i think the msrp is way high in my opinion but if you can find them on a good deal and can't fit heritage or pro then these are THE SPEAKER to strive to own in the klipsch line up. 

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 1

Nice write up Scrappy. I had a feeling the more you experimented with those speakers the more you would like them. Are you still considering selling them? It's amazing what a proper amount of power does with these, and room treatments sure help. I'm glad you're liking them more.