Joining the Palladium guys (pics page 9)

Scrappydue

I haven't done much research on them, above my current pay grade. How are they on power requirements? I would assume they require a little more power than the reference line. I know my Ultra2s require a lot of power to open up. My current AVR doesn't cut it at reference level.

Congrats those speakers are just awesome , are the highes smooth with that model compared to the other Klipsch speakers you have owned ?

audio memory is impossible to go off of but I feel they re smoother due to being a good three way design. Tweeter doesn't have to cover such a large range.

I haven't done much research on them, above my current pay grade. How are they on power requirements? I would assume they require a little more power than the reference line. I know my Ultra2s require a lot of power to open up. My current AVR doesn't cut it at reference level.

well they are more efficent than ultra 2 but 4 ohm so they tax the amp more for sure. The ultra 2 I think is the least efficient speaker Klipsch has made. They do like power amps.

Electronics certainly do make a difference.  Klipsch was still distributing Aragon when I held my Palladium P-38/sub classical music demo in Indy several years ago, and the Aragon electronics' sound was wonderful -- lively, clear, very musical, stood out as very attractive real music.

When I got back there just a couple of years later, Klipsch had switched out the Aragon and put in an Integra pre-pro instead.  The result was between very disappointing and sickening -- all the good characteristics had vanished and the Palladium system no longer sounded that special.  There had been no changes in the speaker or cable complement.

Be SURE to get good-sounding electronics on those babies!!!

Larry

Edited by LarryC

Electronics certainly do make a difference.  Klipsch was still distributing Aragon when I held my Palladium P-38/sub classical music demo in Indy several years ago, and the Aragon electronics' sound was wonderful -- lively, clear, very musical, stood out as very attractive real music.

When I got back there just a couple of years later, Klipsch had switched out the Aragon and put in an Integra pre-pro instead.  The result was between very disappointing and sickening -- all the good characteristics had vanished and the Palladium system no longer sounded that special.  There had been no changes in the speaker or cable complement.

Be SURE to get good-sounding electronics on those babies!!!

Larry

Was the sub on your demo the P312? 

Please hook those babies up to some real power and let them shine! Let us know the difference in SQ

easier said than done. Gotta recoup some money for a bit. But I want something nice for them. Something with blue lights and needles would make me really happy but don't think I can swing that

Something with blue lights and needles would make me really happy but don't think I can swing that

How about amber lights and needles? ;)  :D

POAA1HDCI_Large_Front.jpg

Bill

for that kind of money bill i think i could come up with something a bit better