Objectionable phrases/words

Hornmiester

Another good debate: Remember when these guys knocked the crap out of each other? It used to be a HARD playing game and every play was played like the last play ever played. Dang, did I just say that? And it makes sense? Well played.

Another good debate: Remember when these guys knocked the crap out of each other? It used to be a HARD playing game and every play was played like the last play ever played. Dang, did I just say that? And it makes sense? Well played.

But...but....the new rules allowed tom brady to be a star!

Just to be clear- LMFAO means laughing my fat a$$ off. How is that offensive? Ask any young adult, teenager, or anyone else. There's no "F" bomb in it at all.

Everything today is catering to what was the minority, and now has the majority becoming the minority.

I am not offended the OP is offended, but does he know the true meaning of it?

What I am offended by is the so called "Liberal Acceptance" that is forced on us.That is actually more racist than anything else,as if we don't believe their belief we are the problem, not them. And we will get strung up and castrated due to differing belief systems.

Once upon a time there was a saying, "sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me". That has gone to the wayside. Now it's sticks and stones...................No wait, don't say that as it's bad and I will sue you.

Thank you all for the recent derailment of the religious train.  Self moderation seems to be alive and well.

???

The original post was . . . ?

Am glad there is collegial talk and discussion.  And certainly sports teams and players are great fun to talk about.

But wasn't the original post about something greater than specific teams or players, no matter how magnificent they were?

So really the "derailment" is from the original post, not the follow-on posts, wouldn't you agree?

Edited by JiminSTL

Just to be clear- LMFAO means laughing my fat a$$ off. How is that offensive? Ask any young adult, teenager, or anyone else. There's no "F" bomb in it at all.

Respectfully, the Urbandictionary.com disagrees with your optimistic view.  :(

I think i was the first to mention football here, so i’m the derailer; although i agree with the originator of this thread so my mentioning football wasn’t meant to be a derailment. I’m a fan of discussion and i don’t follow rules that well…and i like welchs grape juice.

• Like 1

heard an interview and this guy that played with the Patriots back in the 70s said he went into the Raiders locker room after a game because they were the only team in the league that allowed beer in the locker room. he says he goes into the bathroom and ted hendricks was in the doorway of a stall. Ted took out a $100 bill and threw it in the toilet. He asked him why he did that. Ted’s answer: “when i stood up a $5 bill fell out of my pocket into the toilet and i wasn’t going to reach in there just for five bucks."

That is what I've always thought it meant, as well as all of my friends. I guess we have new meaning to it then. I will have to let them know as well as their teenage kids. Everyone here in my neck has always thought that.  ROTFLMFAO was always rolling on the floor laughing my fat a$$ off to us also.

I do have to say though, I don't "own" an urban dictionary, nor do I go to it to confirm what we think something means. I'm serious when I say my friends and I have always thought that's what it meant.

If in fact that's what it means, and I have no reason not to believe you, then I could see why the OP gets upset with it, but at the same time, typing a few letters instead of saying it,even if inferred is a lot better than actually saying it.