Objectionable phrases/words

Hornmiester

I'm on the side of the one true God.  You will remember that right one true God?  Going on record here don't smite me!   I know you are the one I have mentioned here or in other posts or you are the one whose name cannot be spoken.  The one home run God which helps me cover all the bases.  He who prevents me from being picketh-off by the evil pitcher, who guides me safely to thine next base. 

Edited by oldtimer

I’m on your side Jim…even if you are from St. Louis.   And please keep the Rams-Los Angeles is part of Raider Nation.   :D

Hey, BigStew, how I loved the Raiders!  I remember living out in the Bay area (1961-1962 on the Presidio, right at the southern foot of the Golden Gate Bridge), and then from 1962-1964 in San Mateo--how special the Raiders were!  Art Powell, Tom(?) Cotton, Gus Otto (who lives in St. Louis now), and many others.  What fun to listen to the games on the radio (couldn't afford to attend them).

Remember Otis Sistrunk ("University of Mars"--courtesy of Alex Karras), Ray Guy, Ken Stabler and Jim Plunkett, and on and on?  What fun!

Thank you for your "Like".  Our God is an (the only) awesome God, and I so want to evidence the love to Him that I surely have not earned!

• Like 1

^ Undoubtedly.  And what a wonderful, work he was!  Quality!  I remember a sweater my Grandmother gave me at my age of 18.  As unaware and self-centered as I was at that age, I knew that it represented a lot of money for her.  Did not understand her comment that it would give her more pleasure that I have it than it would cost her.

The quality of that wonderful sweater endured over 30 years, absolutely undiminished by time or wear--until I manage to snag it on a big nail, and continue moving . . . .

Moral:  quality endures, does not go out of style, and more than pays for itself over cheap or counterfeit articles.

We should all remember, it's not what we think about a certain word, it's about respecting what others think about that word, given that we are guests on a family oriented discussion board sponsored by Klipsch. 

The best behaved discussion board I ever saw had three rules:

• Don't cuss
  • No religion or politics
  • Be polite
  • Like 1