shipping companies...

Schu

Does anyone have good sources for SAFE shipping of really large speakers like klipschorns or la scalas?

It seems whenever I see something I kight want to purchase, shipping costs ALWAYS muck up any potential deal.

Does anyone have good sources for SAFE shipping of really large speakers like klipschorns or la scalas?

It seems whenever I see something I kight want to purchase, shipping costs ALWAYS muck up any potential deal.

Whatever.. We all know you've got a scrooge mcduck vault full of cash.

I seem to recall someone mentioning a very klipsch friendly shipping company (from a safe packing and transit perspective) but can't recall their name or costs. Search the forum on shipping Cornwalls and they might come up.

I used Craters and Freighters to send a pallet from TX to OR.  It arrived just like I sent it.  Be sure you but them on a pallet and that the pallet sticks out farther than the speakers.  Stretch wrap everything and cardboard all corners.

I don't know why the below did not come up in the search function- I had to find it in "My Posts.  Lars

Posted by Karsoncookie on 26 February 2015 - 02:55 AM in Garage Sale

Just got off the phone with ForwardAir.

They do not have an online calculater for non acct holders.

I have a pair of speakers in Phoenix I need to get to Houston.

So my buddy in Phoenix will deliver them padded and wrapped on a pallet to Phoenix terminal.

48x40x32, 310 lbs.

Then they truck to their Houston George Bush terminal.

$201 they said all inclusive.

For future ref I asked how much if it was double the cubes and weight. Like $390, so proportional

Need to pickup within 48 hrs, or $30/ day storage.

Greyhound is out because they have 100 lb per package limit.

I don't recall why I tossed out UPS and FedEx , but they were at least like double+ the $.

Figured this would be helpful concrete info.   Lars