Hope dates for next year (2016) Road construction thoughts

jimjimbo

Just wanted to throw this out there, but I'm sure that most noticed who drove from the North (and probably other directions as well), that there were multiple signs on the highway announcing that the major construction jobs would begin April 15....Obviously there were already some in progress, but I'm thinking it would be a good idea to keep the dates for next year about the same time or a little earlier...Certainly looking forward to it again.

• Like 3

I think someone (Jim?) requested it not be on the Masters weekend either.  I guess we have plenty of time do decide.

Well, that would be preferable (for me at least), but it's no big deal...I'm planning on attending the Masters sometime soon, it's been a dream of mine for a long, long time...The challenge is finding the tickets.....

What about keeping it on the same weekend every year? That's fair. Maybe the 2nd weekend of April each year. If not, you're going to get a dozen request for different dates. 

That would certainly make it easy.  Second weekend in April as long as it's not Easter weekend.

• Like 1

If there is some reason to change it from the dates of the last two, fine.  However, I think they should remain the same every year.  It is currently the second weekend in April and was chosen originally by Steve, then kept by this years group due to being clear of any issues of Spring Break or whatever we could think of. 

Dave

• Moderators

So, the second weekend in April of 2016 would be Friday, April 8, 2016 through Sunday, April 10,2016.  I think it is important that we settle on a date as soon as possible, for planning the event and for promoting the event well in advance.  All in favor????

• Like 3

hmm... that's too bad.  I have a conflict with that date but I'm sure you will always find somebody with a problem with any date you choose.  I was hoping to get there this year but daughters' birthday takes precedence.

Bring her along and make the Klipsch event her special birthday treat. :D

• Like 2

So, the second weekend in April of 2016 would be Friday, April 8, 2016 through Sunday, April 10,2016.  I think it is important that we settle on a date as soon as possible, for planning the event and for promoting the event well in advance.  All in favor????

Ayeeeiiioooo

(yes) :D

hmm... that's too bad.  I have a conflict with that date but I'm sure you will always find somebody with a problem with any date you choose.  I was hoping to get there this year but daughters' birthday takes precedence.

Agree with Michael on this, not a good enough reason to miss it!

I brought my 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son and the wife as well and we all had a blast! Eldon and Kristy brought their 14 year old Grandson and there were three 13 year old local boys. The kids went fishing and there were three Suzuki Raptors that the Kids were actively encouraged to roam the 610 acre property with!

Roger

• Like 1

• Moderators

There is a lot to see and do at Rodney's Place, not to mention the attractions that are within an hour or so of driving distance from Hope, AR.  Hot Springs, AR is absolutely a must see if you are in the area.  The "bath houses" are operational and now include full day spa treatments for less than $100.  The "Crater of Diamonds is also within in driving distance.  Nothing like searching for diamonds in a large open field.  The state park located within ten minutes of Hope offers a fully working tour of historical buildings.  

• Like 2

Fortunately, I met several of the reenactors. Interesting, good guys. One was from an old stomping ground of mine.

We had a much larger block of rooms reserved than we needed, although I hope we grow next year.

Those who have been in Hope during summertime will surely suggest gathering in spring. The second weekend in April is OK with me, even though I have to take a day off. Also remember that the date must be approved by Donna at Klipsch (She retires in December, so there's another step involved there.).

SSH

• Like 2