"Is Tom Brady a Cheater?" "I don't believe so..........."

Bonzo

Required reading as a member of the Patriots...the Art of War. Know your enemy....as a former cryptologist, I actually like the way they bend the rules to the max. It's almost like an evil mastermind! That organization runs a ship as tight as the old NSGA!  It's a masterstroke....get caught and it still doesn't make a difference - makes the moves (air deflation, spygate, tuck-rule) all seem minuscule - they still win.  Watch them win with Garapalo too! 

Edited by prerich
  • Like 1

Watch them win with Garapalo too!

It will be beneficial to the Pats to get some practical, in game views of him.  The fine was also levied at a time when he'll be able to take all the first team reps in training camp as well.  Like him or not, Ol Bill will find a way to use this all to his advantage.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think the rule should be that the refs inflate the balls to the pressure desired by the QB, that the refs carry them out. That the refs be given gauges that are more orecise then +/- 20%. Two gauges at 12.5 psi should be able to read .1 psi of each other, unlike the readings they got at halftime.

Brady may walk at arbitration on the gauges alone.

• Like 2

I'm sure the NFL has better gauges than I do with my 99 cent needle and Walmart gauge, but with such a small volume of air at such low pressure you lose about 1 psi every time you withdraw the needle after checking the pressure.  If it measures 12 and you pull the needle out you are down to 11 (rough numbers).

• Moderators

Not according to the multi-million dollar report you don't lost 1 psi per test.

And your equipment is probably better than what the NFL uses, photos if the guages are attached to the report. This us what they used. The one with the bent needle consistently measures .3 to .4 Psi higher than the other ine. Guess what, the ref can't remember which gauge he used pregame. The report assumes it was the higher readi g gauge. Do you see where this is going? 9 if the 12 balls are where they should be if the NFL had used the higher reading gauge.

The whole thing is going to boil down to page 116 of the report.

This is what they are going to try and rely upon to fine a guy 2 million in salary. Brady would be a fool not to appeal this.

post-13028-0-04580000-1431660603.jpg

So I called up the captain

please bring my patriot wine

He said: We haven't had that spirit here since 1999

And still those voices are calling from far away

We threw up in the middle of the night

Just to hear them say

Welcome to the Brady cheat a formula

• Moderators

Goodell is screwed, he should have dumped in on an arbitrator he gets to pick, now it is all in his lap. Brady has Kessler and a nobel prize winner for an expert.

I read the entire 243 page report, the NFL has major problems in their case on Brady, just on the face of the report itself.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

• Moderators

Goodell is screwed, he should have dumped in on an arbitrator he gets to pick, now it is all in his lap. Brady has Kessler and a nobel prize winner for an expert.

I read the entire 243 page report, the NFL has major problems in their case on Brady, just on the face of the report itself.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

I just don't see Goodell "back pedaling"!

• Moderators

Why isn't the coach being held accountable, just as Sean Payton was? I don't understand why he is above punishment? The NFL ruled that because Payton was the coach he should have known? Why is the Patriot's coach being held to a lower standard?

Edited by dtel's wife

First half second half thing:

The problem may have been caught at halftime and fixed, but it's not really relevant that they scored more points in the second half than the first.

When you're getting your rear end handed to you in the first half, you're demoralized and feeling pretty used up when you walk out on the field again. So much of the game is mental - it's practically impossible to get up for what you need to do with the back of your mind screaming, "we don't know how to beat these guys." Some teams overcome, but it's not what normally happens.

The Pats are repeat offenders. What I don't understand is why the team was punished for something that Tom Brady took it upon himself to do.

Why isn't the coach being held accountable, just as Sean Payton was? I don't understand why he is above punishment? The NFL ruled that because Payton was the coach he should have known? Why is the Patriot's coach being held to a lower standard?

The Saints and the Patriots are actually two different animals.  Patriots - playing with nerf balls.....Saints - placing monetary contracts on players for injuries or putting one out of the game. This can permanently damage a person for life or worse. Money was also the incentive for doing these actions. The two cases are apples and oranges. 

Edited by prerich