"Is Tom Brady a Cheater?" "I don't believe so..........."

Bonzo

Guest thesloth

It seems to me the only people that should be guilty is the officials. I mean seriously if the pressure in the football is so critical to the game being played "fairly" then why don't the officials handle the ball at all times and routinely check it's pressure? It seems to me that when people get butt hurt from getting their asses handed to them time and time again they will look for any excuse to why they lost, they need someone or something to blame. It couldn't be the fact that the Patriots are the better team? I remember some of my football friends did a comparison on the two different pressures and they said you couldn't even feel the difference. I think some people on espn did the same experiment.

A bunch of poor sports crying like babies because they lost if you ask me. I am certain there is controversy surrounding every football franchise, most use performance enhancing drugs etc.... It's just the Pats under the microscope because they keep winning. 

BTW I don't watch football or sports, I haven't since I was like 12yo. Something barbaric about it.

It seems to me the only people that should be guilty is the officials. I mean seriously if the pressure in the football is so critical to the game being played "fairly" then why don't the officials handle the ball at all times and routinely check it's pressure? It seems to me that when people get butt hurt from getting their asses handed to them time and time again they will look for any excuse to why they lost, they need someone or something to blame. It couldn't be the fact that the Patriots are the better team? I remember some of my football friends did a comparison on the two different pressures and they said you couldn't even feel the difference. I think some people on espn did the same experiment.

A bunch of poor sports crying like babies because they lost if you ask me. I am certain there is controversy surrounding every football franchise, most use performance enhancing drugs etc.... It's just the Pats under the microscope because they keep winning. 

BTW I don't watch football or sports, I haven't since I was like 12yo. Something barbaric about it.  

Quite obviously, you miss the point.  Since you apparently don't watch football or sports, you also don't have a full grasp on the entire sordid story.  No one is a cry baby because they lost....the issue was raised at half time of the Colts game.  I also wouldn't think that your "football friends" are professional players.

The officials guilty?  Get real.  Cheating is cheating, no matter whether it's the Patriots or anyone else.  Brady clearly had a hand in this, and in my mind, that makes him a a slime bag.  Embarrassing that he's an ex-Michigan man.

Brady clearly had a hand in this

If it was clear, the judge would have ruled in the NFL's favor.  He was looking for anything he could find but there was no evidence.  Finding something would have let him rule in the NFL's favor and not have to overrule something that was collectively bargained for which judges hate to do.

Guest thesloth

Just because I don't watch sports doesn't mean I have not heard all the crap from everyone and the media.

So you were there and saw Tom Brady deflate the balls? I didn't think so.

So the 1.5psi under average says nothing. The balls will probably increase in pressure once they are in the sunlight. Regardless the Pats scored more points in the second half.

The Colts were using under inflated balls the whole time too, why aren't they accused of cheating? In fact the report said they only checked 4 of the Colts balls and they too were under pressure according Prioleau.

Why did NFL officials check only four Colts footballs instead of all 12?

"Only four Colts balls were tested because the officials were running out of time before the start of the second half," reads the Wells Report.

Hmmm ... pretty interesting. A Patriots ballboy can run into a bathroom and quickly deflate to exact specifications 12 gameballs in 1 minute, 40 seconds. But NFL officials didn't have time to check eight Colts footballs in 15 minutes of halftime, in an operation intended to uphold the integrity of the league.

Convenient excuse, isn't it?

So, put another way, the Patriots played the entire second half with largely legally inflated footballs. Meawhile, it's "more probable than not" that the Colts played the enitre second half with under-inflated footballs. It's more likely the Colts, not the Patriots, played most of the game with deflated footballs.

You sir are butt hurt over a stupid sport lol.

Edited by thesloth

Brady clearly had a hand in this

If it was clear, the judge would have ruled in the NFL's favor.  He was looking for anything he could find but there was no evidence.  Finding something would have let him rule in the NFL's favor and not have to overrule something that was collectively bargained for which judges hate to do.

Carl, that's not what the decision was about.  It was about the NFL's process of suspending Brady, and had nothing to do with evidence as to whether he did it or not.

The ruling focused on the process that the NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell used to investigate and discipline Brady, CNN sports reporter Rachel Nichols said.

"This was not about whether Tom Brady deflated footballs or not," she said. "This ruling today is saying ... the NFL way overstepped, according to the judge, the way (it) punished Tom Brady, whether he did it or not. ..."

Edited by jimjimbo

How'd this ever go to a court outside the NFL? You're a player, you sign a contract, you're in a players union that has made an agreement to follow the rules of the NFL. You don't like making 8 million dollars a year following the rules and decisions made by the league? Go get another job. Far as I'm concerned the league should tell the Patriots if you let him play the first 4 games you have forfeited those games and start the season at 0-4. Otherwise what is the league for? I just hope it costs Brady more than 4 mil in lawyers fees to fight the inevitable appeal. What a waste of the judicial resources of this country.

End rant.

The process of suspending him with no evidence to back it up was deemed unfair.

I haven't seen any reports, yet, but I seem to recall that there was criticism for the finding that it was more likely than not Brady knew the balls were deflated.   "More likely than not?," the critics chuckled.   "Either he did it, or he didn't.  You can't make a decision on 'more likely than not.'"

Well, in fact, those types of decisions are made in court proceedings every day.  It is the foundation of our system.  "Members of the jury.  The judge has asked you whether you find by a preponderance of the evidence that Don Defendant breached the contract.  You have been instructed by the judge that 'preponderance of evidence' means 'more likely than not.'"

We decide cases this way, all they way from the biggest to the smallest.  There is no requirement that you must have enough evidence to remove all question.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

Ultimately, the commission is to blame IMO.  Isn't it the job of the refs to keep things square?  Those guys should be able to squeeze a football and tell if its under inflated or if they need to check one or replace it inbetween series. The heck with bringing your own balls, you throw one straight out of the box little girl.  A Basketball ref can give a ball a bounce and tell whats up. And Brady knew the balls were soft and he likely is to blame for it, lets not play dumb here.

Guest thesloth
Isn't it the job of the refs to keep things square? Those guys should be able to squeeze a football and tell if its under inflated or if they need to check one or replace it inbetween series.

I agree. The problem is pretty much nobody could feel the difference between a ball that was short by a 1.5psi.

Everyone just hates Tom Brady and the Patriots because they are sick of getting beat by them ;)