EPIC FIVE DAYS!

dtel's wife

• Moderators

The drive is worth it. 3 hours from Dallas, 6 hours from Austin. If you're a night owl, you can howl till dawn. If you're morning person, watch the sun rise and doing some fishing or just sit back and enjoy mother nature.  We saw a colt that had been born just a couple hours before. Mama was very protective and the new born's legs were still a little wobbly. Rodney's Yorkies were really cute too.

Or....if you are a night owl you can howl till dawn and join the "morning people" to watch the sun rise!  

Oh yes, I'm glad you mentioned that Wardsweb.  I forgot about the horses...and the dogs!!!  

The fishing there is some of the best around.  Definitely plan to bring your fishing gear.  I'll post some pics that I downloaded from his grandson's Facebook page of fish that have been caught out there.

• Like 1

I don't know how much trouble it would be but how about removing the posts with personal info (cell numbers, etc.) from the 'hidden' thread and open it up so others can see the evolution of our trip.

It'a only about a 2.5 hr drive for me.  I may have to make the trek.

I'm not even sure it's 2.5 hours for you.  We made it from Rodney's Place to my daughter's home in Ruston in about two hours!  In any event, be sure to follow this thread and others as we post more info.  Anyone that lives within driving distance is crazy if they don't make next year's event! :D

The food, fun and fellowship can not possibly be conveyed through our posts!  Awesome people to meet us upon our arrival and they go out of their way to make us feel welcome!  Rodney's group of close friends are some of the finest people I have ever met!

I guess I'm going to have to start making plans. :D

• Like 2

• Moderators

Here's some pics of the speakers and equipment out of the boxes and "ready to rock"!  Pic of Roy presenting the speakers to Rodney.  There's also a pic of Roy, Travis, Luther and Mike setting the equipment up and getting it ready to go!

post-17944-0-32600000-1434598293_thumb.j

post-17944-0-46360000-1434598324_thumb.j

post-17944-0-53880000-1434598355_thumb.j

post-17944-0-68240000-1434598392_thumb.j

post-17944-0-37120000-1434598450_thumb.j

post-17944-0-22880000-1434598500_thumb.j

post-17944-0-59800000-1434598552_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Moderators

wow. is this a great forum or what!

thanks all for getting together this "thank you" for Rodney. 

really, really a cool thing. 

It really is a great forum DD, you know with the help of everyone who donated and klipsch it was really great to be able to do something like this for someone who is always doing for others.

Mr Rodney could not have treated us any better on our last trip and he did it on his own just to be nice, he couldn't have had any idea it would come back to him because we didn't know. After seeing what he did for everyone who was at the last get together we all felt we needed to do something, klipsch added the speakers and money raised went to equipment and presents.

We told him it was not to try and repay him but to just show how much we appreciated what he had done for us, and the invitation to do it again in the future. He is excited as us about future get together's, he loves when his place get's used like this, he say's it's what he built it for, people getting together and having a good time.

There aren't many people like Rodney around.

• Like 3

• Moderators

That's cool!

And it sounded amazing, honestly, better than I ever expected. I was kind of shocked actually, sorry Roy and Trey, I never doubted either of you I just didn't expect this kind of sound from those speakers. :ph34r:

Well done, easily plenty speaker for that building, easily. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

• Moderators

I will offer up for our next get together to bring and cook a big heaping bunch of sausage from Smitty's in Lockhart, TX http://www.smittysmarket.com/index.html I just need to work out the logistics, because they won't all fit in my car.

I don't know if I would even put that in my car...if I owned a car like yours! :D  That being said, if we can work out logistics to get four sacks of live crawfish to Bodcaw, AR from south Louisiana,  I'm fairly certain we could manage to get some sausage brought in!  We will have to call on our TX forum members to lend a hand!!!! :o

Edited by dtel's wife

I will offer up for our next get together to bring and cook a big heaping bunch of sausage from Smitty's in Lockhart, TX http://www.smittysmarket.com/index.html I just need to work out the logistics, because they won't all fit in my car.

I don't know if I would even put that in my car...if I owned a car like yours! :D  That being said, if we can work out logistics to get four sacks of live crawfish to Bodcaw, AR from south Louisiana,  I'm fairly certain we could manage to get some sausage brought in!  We will have to call on our TX forum members to lend a hand!!!! :o

I don't think it will be an issue. Just need to leave my car at home and come in a truck or SUV. We'll make it happen. It is soooooo good.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Every hear about "hauling coals to Newcastle"?  :D  

Dave

I think I'm good with the Texas sausage. I don't think we would ever take chicken to Bodcaw.

Couldn't agree more!  Apparently Rodney's "crop" of chickens are heading out between July 3-6!   After our experience with shucking, cleaning, "decobbing" and creaming 1140 ears of corn last week, I'm passing on helping with the chickens! :o