EPIC FIVE DAYS!

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Recovered enough to make a quick post. The trip to deliver Rodney Newton's gifts was EPIC! Nothing quite like seeing the Arkansas sunrise every morning before going to sleep, and getting up and doing it all over again.  

Rodney was overwhelmed with his gifts!  He told us, "I don't deserve for people to do stuff like this for me"!  I will give you all a complete day by day description later this evening, but dtel will go ahead and post a few pics for y'all.

I'm sorry it took so long but "it was a rough five days" :o  and yesterday I had computer problems.  Have to take care of a few things for business and I will come back later and give a complete report!

Thank you to all who gave money towards these awesome gifts, thank you to those who attended and to everyone that contributed to an all around great time!

• Like 6

• Moderators

Just some pics to get started, more later as we have time to explain the pics, sorry it's taking so long, I'm old and it was a rough few days, but fun. The man with the red hat and overalls is Rodney the owner of the property  and clubhouse.

post-9700-0-38900000-1434475580_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-77300000-1434475613_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-44900000-1434475640_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-27620000-1434475709_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-74540000-1434475757_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-70780000-1434475800_thumb.jp

• Like 5

• Moderators

Mr Rodney had a good time also.

The 4 wheeler pic is just the few that were not out on the trails at the time of the pic.

Pic of the blue building is the clubhouse

post-9700-0-75900000-1434475885_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-24140000-1434475916_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-17740000-1434475956_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-58700000-1434476012_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-89580000-1434476053_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-02180000-1434476141_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I concur that it was epic. For a newbie at Rodney's, I was welcomed with open arms and felt right at home. It's hard to describe and really must be experienced to understand the vibe. I had a great time and will be back for sure.

I got to spend a couple hours with Rodney on Sunday morning and it was a Godsend. He is one of the most genuine, honest, down to earth and giving people I have ever met. Just riding around his property with him helped to recharge my soul and put me at peace.

• Like 6

Who is he, what were the gifts and the story behind them?  Thanks,

Jump in and correct any of this that I may get wrong, but it is my understanding that Rodney Newton is the owner of a 600 acre farm in Bodcaw AR, where he runs Rodney's Redneck Riviera and Mud Park. He is honest, sincere, down to earth and giving to a fault. Klipsch held their employee appreciation at Rodney's. He cooked and fed everyone and then wouldn't take a dime for it. In appreciation for this, Roy presented Rodney with a pair of 396 2-way speakers, a QSC  PLD4.5 four channel pro amp and small mixer. The music and drinks flowed, there were smiles and laughter everywhere, there was mass quantities of food, a lot of 4-wheeler riding, dancing and karaoke.

• Like 4

Roy presented Rodney with a pair of 396 2-way speakers, a QSC PLD4.5 four channel pro amp and small mixer. The music and drinks flowed, there were smiles and laughter everywhere, there was mass quantities of food, a lot of 4-wheeler riding, dancing and karaoke.

Roy supplied the speakers.  Some of the forum members that attended in April passed the hat for the rest.

• Like 1

• Moderators

As most of you know the past couple of years there has been no Pilgrimage.  A group of forum members got together to form our own gathering in Hope the past two years.  We personally treated every employee of the Hope plant to an on premise catered lunch.  

On Friday, after serving the employees a catered lunch, a tour of the plant, demos by Roy and listening room comparisons our group gathered at Rodney's Place as outlined in Wardsweb's post above.  Wardsweb's assessment of Rodney and the events that pursued are entirely accurate. The only correction I will make to Wardweb's statement is that Rodney prefers the property to be known as "Rodney's Place".  Rodney did sponsor a couple of mud bogs, but decided that he did not want to continue in that direction. We will continue to post more details with pics.

Upon our return from Klipsch Employee Appreciation Days in April we contacted Trey Cannon, engineer for Klipsch, who had initially introduced us to Rodney.  During that conversation Trey was informed of the overwhelming generosity Rodney had shown the Klipsch forum members, including two day of awesome meals.  We informed Trey that Rodney would not accept any money for the hospitality he showed us and that Rodney had no sound system.  Trey went to the VP of Marketing and told him our story.  A work order was issued immediately for a pair of speakers to be produced at the Hope plant.   Roy and Trey were instrumental in engineering the system and Roy oversaw the construction of the speakers through the assembly line at the plant.  Roy presented the speakers to Rodney on our behalf as part of this week's events.

As a group, we had taken up a collection of $200 before leaving Hope, which was used to purchase the mirrors and materials for the signs.  Dtel and I donated our time to producing the completed signs and mirrors you will see in the pics. In addition, our group took up an additional collection upon our return.  When Klipsch Headquarters donated the speakers we decided to fund the purchase of  the amps and mixer.

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 4

• Moderators

The next two posts are pictures of the signs and mirrors being presented.  These items were paid for with the funds we collected while still at Rodney's in April.  We weren't able to get pics of all the signs and mirrors being presented, but we can post pics of all of them.  There were so many people present and it was almost impossible to get a picture without someone stepping in front of the camera.

The no freeloading sign was a special request!!!!  The big mirror was the last sign/mirror to be presented!  Rodney was overwhelmed!!

post-17944-0-85720000-1434496366_thumb.j

post-17944-0-80920000-1434496396_thumb.j

post-17944-0-09960000-1434496430_thumb.j

post-17944-0-75560000-1434496488_thumb.j

post-17944-0-56640000-1434496538_thumb.j

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 3

• Moderators

top notch. this should make logistics for next year a breeze, yes?

Thaddeus, I was able to accomplish a lot during this trip to facilitate next year's event!!!!  More on that to come!  I think you will all be pleased. 

We have lots more pics from the last five days, it was awesome!!!!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Glad it all worked out! Is Rodney's Mom getting along ok?

She was rushed to the hospital week before last and released after two or three days.  She was admitted for stints on Friday, but sadly, they released her. 

They were unable to insert the stints. :(

• Like 3

• Moderators

Geeze Christy, nice tattoo! :)

Geeze Christy, nice tattoo! :)

That's funny, that's kelli............with an "I" as she says it, a "wild and crazy" girl as Steve Martin would say, but really fun to be around.

• Like 2

• Moderators

That big black box looking thing in the pic with the table is one of those "swamp coolers", don't know what the real name is, I've only heard it called that? It has the water running through a media in front of a fan to cool through evaporation, it really helped, a lot more than just a fan. 

• Like 3