White Painted Cornwalls...I Think

fuzzydog

OK , I need help getting them from Charleston to Lexington. JWEB can either get them to Ceptor or meet me in Indy

ANYONE making plans to travel that direction in the next year? I'm in no hurry, I have plenty of projects going already

And thanks to Fuzzy, JWEB, and Ceptor for their efforts

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996

Separated at birth?

They worked. This forum's ShapeShifter and I checked them out several years ago. The white cabinetry was professionally done, but not my cup of champagne. Turn on da bubble-ah machine-ah please-ah.

post-6832-0-89600000-1444710885_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

I would just take them to an auto body shop and have them painted gloss white and have the area under the grill painted gloss black. Could look pretty sweet!

Hmmm. Might have to keep an eye out for some beat up vintage Klipsch speakers..

Can anyone help me with picking these up? I need to let the seller know, he is holding them for me. Fuzzy and Strick can't, I have a message into sunburnwilly. After that I need to beg some people to put them on the express to Lexington and JWEB. WEB and Ceptor are both willing to move them the rest of the way. And I want to see a double stuffed OREO of Ks and CWs

Mark

The seller sent me a text

They were originally RB and repainted white. One of the woofers has been replaced with a different brand. Handles and casters have been added. He was told if they were restored they would be worth close to 1k but it would take a lot of work

I'm going to pass, thanks to everyone who offered to help

Mark

• Like 1

I'm going to pass, thanks to everyone who offered to help. -Mark

Sorry I wasn't able to help.

I had a feeling it might come out that way, there were just too many logistical problems to overcome.

Edited by wvu80

I wish I lived closer. My wife saw these when I was checking out the listing and said, "OMG I want these for my studio!".

The woofers shouldnt be a problem, couldnt you just drop in these Kappa 15's that some members are putting into their LaScalas?

http://www.parts-express.com/eminence-kappa-15c-15-driver-4-ohm--290-459

Yea you can just drop the Kappas in. I personally like the K-33 over the Kappas.

Doc, I passed because of the amount of work, time and money that would have to go into them. I'm spoiled, I have received some amazing deals. By the time you strip the paint and patch the damage you might as well spend $800-1000 and buy a pair finished.

Mark