College Football Payoff predictions

DizRotus

Sparty really had a strong 1st quarter and did a great job holding the Tide to 0 points. Conner had a long tough night. Wish he could of had a better game. Oh well, I guess teacher is still teaching. 

I would also suggest Alabama has a pretty good QB.

Jake Coker went 25 of 30 with 2 TD and 0 INT. Thats getting it done right there.

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 1

I would also suggest Alabama has a pretty good QB.

Jake Coker went 25 of 30 with 2 TD and 0 INT. Thats getting it done right there.

Best game of his career. He seems to excel under pressure. Not that there was much of that tonight.

Keith

• Like 1

I expect Bama to prevail, but Clemson will give them a fight.  The talent and coaching in Tuscaloosa are exceptional.  Watching that game last night, I kept asking myself how did Ole Miss beat them?  Part of the answer was that Coker didn't start that game.

There is parity in college football, but the parity starts after Alabama.  The team that played last night would beat any other team at least 8 out of 10 times.

Alabama's defense looked so well coached.  Like a good pro team, they simply did not miss tackles.  With most college defenses I've seen you can sometimes see 2-3 missed tackles on one play.  With Alabama, once you were tackled you stayed tackled.

I would point out that Clemson's defense held a really good Oklahoma offense to 17 points, and per the Committee's rankings, we now have national #1 against national #2.  It should be a good game and a worthy national championship game.

Edit:  Oh yeah, I forgot.  Alabama wins, score is in the 20's. 

If you are betting and using my knowledge to rely on to place your bet, I should point I'm never right.  :rolleyes:

Edited by wvu80

• Moderators

I am really thinking there is going to be an upset somewhere tonight.

I was going to say OK 35, Clemson 30, but just this second going to go Clemson 30, OK 28

Alabama 30

MSU 17

In with 9 minutes to spare

The numbers aren't perfect, but at least you are looking good at 2-0. :emotion-21:

I blew it completely by picking Oklahoma. With 17 points their offense went fischizzle. :emotion-45:

Well even a blind pig like me can find an acorn every once in awhile.

Happy New Year to the Sports Fans on the Forum, may your teams provide you with thrills, excitement and fond shared memories with family and friends, because that is what truly what matter.

Travis

Jan 11th just seems like a long time from now. I'm already tired of the talking heads.

Here's what they know:

Five reasons why Michigan State will beat Alabama in Cotton Bowl

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/news/five-reasons-why-michigan-state-will-beat-alabama-in-cotton-bowl/ar-BBo1xEO

"Don't expect the Spartans to be overly impressed." I wonder what he thinks now?

Keith