College Football Payoff predictions

DizRotus

Funny, my wife asked "how can two SEC teams be in the championship?" I tried to explain how Clemson used to be in the SEC and geographically is in the SE but no longer in the conference, etc.

I've been to Clemson's campus. It does look a lot like Auburn's campus.

Alabama 28

Clemson 17

Back to our regular programming.

Clemson 24

Alabama 21

Bold.  I'm still going with Roll Tide.

+++

In the game that everyone is most looking forward to I know I certainly am WVU plays 10:30 tonight, against somebody.

I don't talk much schitt about college football but this year there seemed to be an abundance of it and I got kind of tired of hearing/reading it. Here's some more from USAToday:

Las Vegas Completely Disrespects Michigan State with Opening Line for Alabama Game

"Michigan State jumped Oklahoma in the final College Football Playoff committee ranking, meaning the Spartans will play the SEC champion Alabama Crimson Tide in the Cotton Bowl on New Year’s Eve. Almost immediately after the matchup was announced on an overly long ESPN special, Alabama was deemed to be a nine-point favorite by the Vegas sports books.

That’s a lot of points! It’s very likely the gap closes in the coming weeks, but as far as opening lines go, Alabama (-9) is borderline ridiculous. Undefeated Clemson, meanwhile, is a 2.5-point underdog against Oklahoma.

Some fans would argue that Michigan State has a more impressive résumé than Alabama and should be favored in the Cotton Bowl in the first place, but there’s no reason to believe that the Crimson Tide are an obvious favorite. Alabama’s defense is phenomenal, but the Tide are ultra-reliant on running back Derrick Henry (who might just be the best player in the nation, to be fair) — but the Spartans have a top-15 run defense this season.

After all the Spartans have accomplished in 2015 — wins on the road in the Big House and Ohio Stadium, along with an epic game-winning drive to seal a spot in the Playoff against Iowa — it just doesn’t seem likely that the Cotton Bowl will be a blowout. Michigan State has allowed 16 points or fewer in its last four games, and the Spartans’ lone loss was by a single point.

Even if you’re an Alabama megafan and you’re 100% sure the Crimson Tide will win, it would be risky to bet on Alabama’s shaky offense. MSU-Alabama is going to be a slugfest, and it’s entirely possible the game comes down to which team makes the most field goals."

Ol' Nick Schwartz was about as wrong as wrong gets. Borderline Ridiculous, to use his words.

Keith

Good night, that's late! I could down a 20oz Diet Mt Dew and watch it though. Got to be better than this Oregon/TCU beat down.

You would have been one of those who left at halftime?  First triple overtime bowl game since 2006 was it?  Tied for greatest comeback in bowl history they say.

Still rooting for my Clemson Tigers! Been to every home game for the past 4 seasons (sadly that seems to have come to an end). But, I am a realistic fan and know that Alabama will present an absolutely solid and very difficult challenge. I hope that we win, but also know that Alabama is.......Alabama. 

Edit - I also have many friends in West Virginia so I hope to see them get the win tonight too. 

Edited by homeskizzle
  • Like 1

That was one helluva Cactus Bowl comeback....wow.

No that was the Alamo Bowl.  Corporately sponsored by Valero.  (get gas and watch football)

Hahaha...you're right. I was watching the Cactus Bowl coming up next. Got ahead of myself there.

You would have been one of those who left at halftime?

No, I watched it to the end. Great game after all. Of course Oregon losing their starting QB really helped the Horned Frogs out!

TCU played the entire game without their starting QB, without their starting center, and without their All America team best receiver. What a wild game.  It showed that the frogs backups ultimately were better than the ducks' backups.