Are we alone?

Nismo

Just think if we all get smart enough in a billion years we can be Gods.

JJK

Precisely.  IF there are/were others before us it's a certainty unless there is some "barrier" that causes intelligence to self-destruct.  If there are no such beings, then, as mentioned, it's an even more queer situation.

Scientists now say that the materials and conditions for life to develop were in place by big bang plus 2 billion years.  If intelligence developed at that time...and there is no scientific reason to assume otherwise...whatever they became they did so billions of years ago.  No question the greatest observed acts of our on God aside from creation itself would be child's play for such entities.

Actually, it's reminiscent of C.S. Lewis description of the order of intelligence with us as lowest and various levels all the way to the One. 

Dave

Who's to say that we have not been contacted already?

Not to go all MIB here, but aliens could be here walking amongst us and we'd never know it.

I wonder sometimes about how technology aided our ancient ancestors. Where did the Mayans go?

Were ancient rulers 100% human?

We Humans might be hybrids from several galactic species. If so, then I'd be terrified of an alien visit in much the same way that I fear an un-announced visit from my mother-in-law now.

There are countless curiosities springing from the ancient civilizations. They exhibit capability that is hard to explain.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Life is more or less chemistry. It's mathematically impossible for there NOT to be "life" elsewhere in the universe.

Now if we can look back 14 billion years (the light from distant stars reaching us) that means a good majority of them would be far more advanced then us.

It amazes me how far we have progressed in so little time you can't help to think, did aliens help us along? I mean if you look at the majority of human beings we are nothing more than animals with very short term goals. Our greed and ignorance will most likely hold us back until the next large scale event wipes us out and we have to start all over. We should be striving much harder than we are to be able to get off this rock, and be able to sustain ourselves anywhere in the universe.

Or maybe we aren't even as physical as we seem? Maybe our "soul" can be moved from host to host. Maybe our soul is what can travel faster than the speed of light, something like quantum entanglement where you can actually be in any two parts of the universe simultaneously.

Edited by xxJPMxx
  • Like 2

There are countless curiosities springing from the ancient civilizations. They exhibit capability that is hard to explain.

Fully agree.  I'll only mention one of my favorites.  Imhotep: Chancellor of the King of Egypt, Doctor, First in line after the King of Upper Egypt, Administrator of the Great Palace, Hereditary nobleman, High Priest of Heliopolis, Builder, Chief Carpenter, Chief Sculptor, and Maker of Vases in Chief, according to inscriptions.  A commoner given divine status after his death.  Tomb site is unknown as he designed it himself and did a much better job than his bosses of keeping it secure. 

The man pretty much invented Egyptian civilization in a single lifetime, everything from architecture to medicine.  The beautiful delicate lotus columns and other refinements to his buildings gradually DETEROIRATED over the next couple of thousand years.  That's something pretty much weird in itself. 

If that wouldn't make a great scifi novel about an alien stranded with nothing but his education I don't know what would.

Dave

Edited by Mallette

Fully agree.  I'll only mention one of my favorites.  Imhotep: Chancellor of the King of Egypt, Doctor, First in line after the King of Upper Egypt, Administrator of the Great Palace, Hereditary nobleman, High Priest of Heliopolis, Builder, Chief Carpenter, Chief Sculptor, and Maker of Vases in Chief, according to inscriptions.  A commoner given divine status after his death.  Tomb site is unknown as he designed it himself and did a much better job than his bosses of keeping it secure. 

The man pretty much invented Egyptian civilization in a single lifetime, everything from architecture to medicine.  The beautiful delicate lotus columns and other refinements to his buildings gradually DETEROIRATED over the next couple of thousand years.  That's something pretty much weird in itself. 

If that wouldn't make a great scifi novel about an alien stranded with nothing but his education I don't know what would.

Dave

Not to mention the laser cut stones in South America that we have been unable to figure out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumapunku

Not to mention the laser cut stones in South America that we have been unable to figure out:

There are endless anomalies.  The water erosion that clearly shows the Sphinx to be far older than estimates, the Shroud of Turin, Nazca lines...the "explanations" for these anomalies are often far more laughable than the alien option. 

The efforts to prove the shroud a fake alone are downright sad.  It may not be the burial cloth of Christ, but it's certainly not anything our own technology can reproduce not to even consider a 12th century monk with too much time on his hands.

Dave

We seem to know of one universe, because of the limits of our senses. Our species mostly believe in objective reality.  That belief should be considered fully arbitrary. If one tries out other views in place of O.R., so many interesting possibilities spring up. It's to our disadvantage that when molecules were discovered that could open doors beyond O.R., they were banned by authorities. Which leads me to wonder if such molecules could have existed thousands of years back, and authorities took advantage, rather than banning them? This could account for the spikes in knowledge through history.

As for the ancient alien stuff, as interesting as it is, some of it is kind of a stretch, mainly because they are still building with natural materials and left no tools behind. If there was widespread use of technology far beyond our own, seems to me they wouldn't continue to build stuff out of rocks, and there would be evidence of some tooling or high tech building materials left beyond. Nope, just rocks.

• Moderators

There are so many things around the world that just blows away the "normal" timeline of history. There was so much going on before the standard history timelines to make you think we really know very little of the true past.

Just one example is Puma Punku, and there are many more unexplainable sites we have no idea of how to explain or fit into current thinking.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-americas/puma-punku-002

We know what this dude thinks :blink2:

post-9700-0-68020000-1445618868.jpg

Speaking of rocks Tiahuanaco is really interesting.

I think the whole rock thing is a way for aliens to show man their power in a relative way. Like, "you guys like making things out of rock well check out what we can do really quickly", and then man bows down and worships the "gods" from the heavens.

Our entire existence, including everything we are aware of could just be both sides of matter that have developed from a drop of organics and some aminos. We are literally an atom inside a refrigerator box, but since we cant figure out or actually see how big the box is, it could be like comparing the earth to a single atom or much, much bigger. We don't know anything on the grand scale.  Maybe the universe is expanding because its inside a divine organism or possibly or similar to a  pool being replenished from an unknown source.  One thing is for sure, finding Alien life is very probable, but figuring out the universe is not. Although, who we do make contact with will be far more advanced than us in some areas, other they may not.  How social will they be? Will they have feelings and emotions or will that be long gone? Organic or mechanical, that's the big question.  They will have many answers for us, but the questions they have that are unanswered is really the scary part.   Even worse, the spurt we get from them in technology or disease could seem like a blessing at first, but end up being the end for us all.

• Like 1

Psilocybin, Mescaline, DMT..................all natural "gateways". Shamans have been using them for a long time before LSD was derived from ergot.

Indeed, but LSD is easily synthesizable and pure.  Haven't checked into it recently, but a couple of years ago I read several different sources discussing use of these tools specifically on the terminally ill.  The reported results were fascinating.  The dying were suddenly quite OK with the prospect of death and went quietly into that long, dark night.  Whether pure mental illusion, or, as mentioned above, "doors were opened," it's still very interesting.

Dave

• Like 1

Only molecules I am aware of with that property are those in LSD.

Psilocybin, Mescaline, DMT..................all natural "gateways". Shamans have been using them for a long time before LSD was derived from ergot.

Ahh, gateway seems to be the right word. Since we know that some of these molecules come by nature, and shamans have existed in all of history, its  a fair conclusion that we may not know the half of it when it comes to these gateways. The very serious (worldwide) repression of even basic scientific research into these matters may hold us back for generations. In other words, there is a nexus possible for the shaman and the quantum physicist.

One thing is for sure, finding Alien life is very probable, but figuring out the universe is not.

Ever noticed that when it seems we are getting close to figuring it out a new theory comes up that makes it ever bigger and farther away from our comprehension?  Seems a bit like "bait and switch" to me...

Dave

• Like 1