Sometimes it's hard to admit where you are from

USNRET

it's simply marketing.

It seems that some people actually don't know any better. This is the panel labels for my electrical box. The electrician was NOT trying to be funny and was embarrassed and argumentative when I asked him about it.

Notice "warsher", "refegotor", "poarch", "warsher" again, "smoke doctors", and "wheral pool".  

20151025_113719_zpsich6z2iv.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I dont see an issue, the seller is getting there point across to the buyers,  I have no way of knowing the sellers background, He /  They may have issues beyond what we call normal 

I have a brother that seems as regular as anyone you will meet on the surface however he never took to school and has problems reading and writing,  This does not make him less of a person nor does it make him a fool

His abilities lay elsewhere..............The seller may be offering the Best produce in E Texas at a Great price

As far as the electrician goes, he may have issues spelling but It appears he got the job done.......................which would you prefer poor labeling, or your house burnt down.................................Personally I will take the guy good at his craft over some bookworm type everytime

I just think it's funny more than anything, I mean no disrespect.  My grandfather probably would have spelled in the same manner.  Although, technically, that electrician did do a few really dumb things that I wish he would have been smarter about.  Saved me 4-5 grand though which is more than I had left after building so I guess I can deal with it.  

More tuition money for the daughter.  It's funny but it isn't when these are the same people who complain about immigrants not learning English fast enough, as if they ever learned it themselves.  I will admit I am bothered by those who refuse to learn it, for example many Puerto Ricans.  They enjoy their US passports and pay no federal income taxes, but remain stubbornly in their enclave, except when they travel to Connecticut to collect welfare in what has to be fraud.  OK, enough of the soap box.

Edited by oldtimer

What if the craft you need to hire is English?  It might be someone who could help you with the difference between "there" and "their," or "lay" and "lie."

I have no pretense that I am grammatically correct, Fact is I could care less what others think of me.  Don't like my spelling or grammar Tough Schiit.  I have my own reasons to be here, and that does not include the need for any ones approval.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

What if the craft you need to hire is English?  It might be someone who could help you with the difference between "there" and "their," or "lay" and "lie."

I have no pretense that I am grammatically correct, Fact is I could care less what others think of me.  Don't like my spelling or grammar Tough Schiit.  I have my own reasons to be here, and that does not include the need for any ones approval.  :emotion-21:

That goes without saying.  I was just joking around, don't take it personally.  Rather, if you do, tough schiit?