Willing to buy Klipsch Jubilee Speakers anywhere in Texas or surrounding states

diamonddelts

I'm not a diy guy so I can not assemble any type of Jubilee clones. I have a pair of 24" sealed subs so I have more than enough bass at this time. This is why I thought I could get away with the Klipsch KPT 942-M. They seem very similar to a two way Jubilee except with much less LF prowess.

I think you are on the right path trying to audition the folded horn bass bin of the Jubes with a direct radiator of the KPT 942.

My preference is the folded horn because it is so clean. 

It is going to come down to your personal preference as to how you like your bass.

I'm sure I will prefer the folded horn. Their bass is so clean, effortless, and tactile. But the KPT 942-M will be much cheaper. I can supplement the LF bass with my 24" subs and they are so clean they can play up to 120hz easily though I like my LF crossover no higher than 60hz-80hz.

Edited by diamonddelts

• Moderators

from a dealer

I really don't recommend going to a dealer: call American Cinema Equipment (Cinequip), ask for Spencer Chao. 

Ask for the following Jubilee version:

K-402/K-69-A top,

KPT-KHJ-LF bass bin --with birch plywood veneer front, if you wish. 

This is two-way version that Roy endorses. 

You could also ask for compression driver options: I'd go with something like a BMS 4592ND or a Faital Pro HF 200 series driver (your choice) compression driver, if they offer it.  But that's just me.

You need a crossover.  I'd recommend a Xilica XP2060 or a used Yamaha SP2060. 

Then buyer's remorse is averted from the outset.  You'd be set.

Chris

I don't believe you can get them without K-69s  They come direct from Klipsch with the drivers attached.  It used to be that you could not purchase the  402s without the drivers, but this may have changed.

Has Roy provided settings for the BMS 4592ND or a Faital Pro HF 200 series drivers?  If not, I wouldn't go that route because I am more of a plug and play guy and he spent a lot of time on those K69 and TAD settings.

I find it's very straightforward to arrive at the settings for a new driver using a calibration microphone and REW.--that's why I recommended those drivers.  That's also how I arrived at my 3-way JuBelle settings and tri-amped Belle settings.

Also note that I've heard the BMS 4592ND in Hope on a Jubilee a few years ago, using anechoic settings.  The settings needed a little tweaking on the crossover between the two diaphragms, but otherwise sounded extremely good, IMHO.

Chris

• Moderators

I find it's very straightforward to arrive at the settings for a new driver using a calibration microphone and REW.--that's why I recommended those drivers.  That's also how I arrived at my 3-way JuBelle settings and tri-amped Belle settings.

Also note that I've heard the BMS 4592ND in Hope on a Jubilee a few years ago, using anechoic settings.  The settings needed a little tweaking on the crossover between the two diaphragms, but otherwise sounded extremely good, IMHO.

Chris

So Roy does have the settings?  It is straight forward tor YOU because you are an engineer, and your wife is a classically trained musician/singer IIRC, and you are involved in the arts in the Metroplex and know how this stuff is supposed to sound.  It is not so straight forward for me. I prefer to have the guy who designed and engineered all of this to give me his settings, and then add salt and pepper to taste.

If I got TADs I would be getting your settings and Roy's settings and play around with what I liked.  YOU know what you are doing, Roy knows what he is doing, and there are others as well, but there are a lot more who THINK they know what they are doing.  That is why I asked if Roy has done settings.  If he hasn't then it would be important to know whose settings they are.

Last time I was in Hope with Roy he brought over and was setting up the new KI whatever they were that Klipsch got for Rodney.  They were sounding awesome, he was up there with Mike and Luther.  Several people were sitting in the sweet spot listening to them and were quite impressed with the sound.  The reaction from everyone was a two thumbs up.  A lot of very experienced Klipsch listeners out there were very impressed.  Comments like  ?Those are great, awesome, I can't believe the sound those things are putting out"   Roy is looking out and seeing the reaction and making some adjustments to the mixer equalizer he had them running through.  He steps off the stage and goes back to the listening area stands for less then a second and says "kill it."  Someone shut it off and then he says check those cables, one of those speakers is out of phase and has been connected incorrectly.  Sure enough, it was.  He does this stuff every day, in movie theaters, baseball stadiums, drag strips, auditoriums and on and on.  He knows what the stuff he designed and engineered is supposed to sound like, and he knows in an instant if it is off in any direction.  What is ever scarier, is I have seen him do it with both music and pink noise.

But Diamond might be an EE from UT for all I know, with access to their chamber, which is pretty big, and very quiet, and can do all of the eq stuff, or have other training and experience that would make it easy for him to do.  If Bob sells those drivers he would of course be a fountain of knowledge as well on where the settings should be I would think.

• Like 1

I bought my Jubilee's from Boxx in Nov. 2014 just prior to his passing and have considered selling them since my wife passed from cancer and I may downsize. Besides the Jub's I have some LaScalla II's, a pair of Cornwalls, a pair of Heresy I's and a pair of Heresy III's. The Jub's have the big horn and passive crossovers which were built by someone here on the forum, Boxx told me who but I forgot to write it down. I will probably hold on to them for now because I'm sure there will always be a market for used Jubilee......I would not sell mine for less than $5,500 including the passive XO's. You should keep your eye on the forum, if you don't buy new they always seem to turn up a couple times a year......damn after typing this post I already am getting a little sick thinking about selling them......any other of speakers I might sell.....but not my big frickin' horns.

Sorry, newbie I can't sell the Jub's....even if I downsize my house, I swear you can put them in a fairly small room and they still sound like Heaven!

You certainly have a nice collection of Klipsch Heritage speakers, especially the Jubs from Boxx. Those would be tough to get rid of. I'm sorry to hear about your wife passing. 

• Moderators

Well it looks like Davis419b sent you a PM, you may be well on your way.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, or if you want to try and take a listen.

I am surprised but it looks like you are the first one to figure that out !

What area are you in?  Are you in San Antonio?  I am sorry I can't remember. 

If you are further away, I can help Diamond with a listen to mine and y'all can take it from there.  My have sold two pairs already, and counting :)

• Like 2

• Moderators

I bought my Jubilee's from Boxx in Nov. 2014 just prior to his passing and have considered selling them since my wife passed from cancer and I may downsize. Besides the Jub's I have some LaScalla II's, a pair of Cornwalls, a pair of Heresy I's and a pair of Heresy III's. The Jub's have the big horn and passive crossovers which were built by someone here on the forum, Boxx told me who but I forgot to write it down. I will probably hold on to them for now because I'm sure there will always be a market for used Jubilee......I would not sell mine for less than $5,500 including the passive XO's. You should keep your eye on the forum, if you don't buy new they always seem to turn up a couple times a year......damn after typing this post I already am getting a little sick thinking about selling them......any other of speakers I might sell.....but not my big frickin' horns.

Sorry, newbie I can't sell the Jub's....even if I downsize my house, I swear you can put them in a fairly small room and they still sound like Heaven!

Sorry to hear about your wife passing. 

• Moderators

I'm in Austin, PM me and I can probably arrange an audition of Jubes for you.  You just missed out on a pair in Buda that had the TAD drivers on the 402 horns that  Jmon got the deal of the century on.

Thank you for the audition offer. Though you also completely crushed my day with that last sentence. :(

Oh come on, that happens to everybody on everything.  Ever seen the movie Endless Summer, yes the surf movie, where they go all over the world surfing and they hit spot after spot with little to no waves and someone always tells them "you should have been here last week, it was incredible." 

It just means that there may be a different and better opportunity right around the  corner.

I sent you a PM back.

Travis

It is straight forward tor YOU because you are an engineer...and know how this stuff is supposed to sound. It is not so straight forward for me. I prefer to have the guy who designed and engineered all of this to give me his settings, and then add salt and pepper to taste.

Fair enough.  I'm the musician and an engineer in the family, BTW.  I published the settings for the two Belle configurations and my tweaks to Roy's Jubilee settings using TAD 4002s.  I did it for the reasons you stated - for those unaccustomed to doing it. 

If someone handed me another driver/horn combination and asked me to find active crossover settings that work well, I'd be happy to oblige.  There are others on the forum (I'll not identify them because they may wish to remain anonymous) that can do the same thing--I'm not the only one. 

I believe that it is just as important to catalog these settings as it is the schematics of the passive crossovers used in the various Klipsch loudspeakers.  That's why I do it.  It's also much easier to implement the active settings and to customize them to one's desires or needs.  For instance, if a new driver is used or a diaphragm replaced, the active settings can be tweaked as necessary.  It takes minutes and no new hardware in the crossover.

Chris

• Like 1

From what I have seen over the years, Jub's don't depreciate much at all. Like others have said, you really should consider pricing a new pair from a dealer and get the decorative front that will be the color, finish and/or veneer that you want.  They're probably the best bargain you can find for a new purchase, let alone some of the best sounding in the entire industry.

I underestimated the used market price for the Jubes. The two way version  can be purchased online for $6000 plus shipping. 3 way version at $8000 plus shipping. So I figured the used market would be approximately 50% to 80% of the new price. I had no idea they resale for up to 90% of their new price on a regular basis.

Edited by diamonddelts

From what I have seen over the years, Jub's don't depreciate much at all. Like others have said, you really should consider pricing a new pair from a dealer and get the decorative front that will be the color, finish and/or veneer that you want.  They're probably the best bargain you can find for a new purchase, let alone some of the best sounding in the entire industry.

I underestimated the used market price for the Jubes. The two way version  can be purchased online for $6000 plus shipping. 3 way version at $8000 plus shipping. So I figured the used market would be approximately 50% to 80% of the new price. I had no idea they resale for up to 90% of their new price on a regular basis.

Is that price fo a single or pair...?

Contact America Cinema as was suggested earlier.

I found this quote earlier that Micheal got back in Febuary this year.

Clearly Insane

• av-8651.jpeg?_r=0
  • Heritage Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 24,343 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN Home of KLIPSCH

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:15 AM

Per Spencer at American Cinema Equipment (phone telecon 2/19/15) here are CURRENT PRICES, which he approved for publication here:

KPT-KHJ (the Jubilee folded horn LF section with 2x12")    $2631

KPT- 402 horn with adjustable mounting bracket and K69a $ 1078

TOTAL PRICE PER SIDE  -  $3,700

PRICE PER PAIR $7,400. 

BTW, in case you might be wondering: Cornman's Jubs weren't entry level. They were worth at least $4-5K more than the base price from Klipsch. 

The TAD drivers alone (if you could still buy them new) are worth over $3500 a pair.  The Dx38 is worth an additional $400-$500 based on the price I paid for my two units.  The front panel veneer wasn't free either--although it has no effect on the sound.

The difference in sound quality using TADs (beryllium diaphragms) is big--a much bigger upgrade in sound quality than any upstream electronics could achieve--from my first hand experience.

Chris

• Like 1

I'm in Austin, PM me and I can probably arrange an audition of Jubes for you.  You just missed out on a pair in Buda that had the TAD drivers on the 402 horns that  Jmon got the deal of the century on.

Thank you for the audition offer. Though you also completely crushed my day with that last sentence. :(

As someone posted above, you are in luck if you act quickly!  I had been looking for used Jubilees for a few years and missed out out on 3 sets before I was able to puchase the set from Cornman.  The ONLY reason I was looking for used Jubilees is that I have never heard a set and wanted to be able to re-sell with minimal (or no) loss if I decided I preferred my Klipschorns.  If I had heard the Jubilees and knew I wanted them, I would not hesitate to buy new.  They are no much more than what used ones sell for and you can get them shipped free straight to your door.

You may also want to make sure the Jubilees are what you really want before buying new.  I know there are some people that prefer the KPT-904 over the Jubilees and it would be worthwhile to see if you can hear those as well (much cheaper than Jubilees).  On the other hand, if you can find a used set nearby (which is what is currently available), I wouldn't hesitate to buy them as you can see first hand if you like how they sound in your house with your gear.  If you decide not to keep the, you can resell for what you paid and your only loss would be the time and money you spent to pick them up, which isn't worth nearly as much as having the ability to audition them in your place for as long as you want.

Don't wait too long on the ones that are currently for sale -- they won't be available for very long.  I don't think used Jubilees come up for sale more than once or twice a year.