Cool new USA based company / tube amps

joessportster

Dennis' amplifiers go under the name of "Inspire by Dennis Had". A few of his pieces have "Firebottle" on the face plate.

I have spoken with Dennis several times and while to me this seems more than just a retirement hobby I don't think he has Ana Drupal website. He offers a few pieces here and there on the 'Bay.

Isnt firebottle a tube based guitar effects pedal?

Yep, I found that when I googled it also.  I guess Dennis Had doesn't have a web site.

Dennis Had calls his amplifiers "Inspire" and has recently added the Fire Bottle reference.  Dennis seems to primarily sell on eBay (radioman731) when he completes an amplifier, similar to Bob Carver (audioshopper) selling his hand-built amplifiers.   I believe he also takes special orders for those that have contacted him by word-of-mouth.  There is also a headphone amplifier on Moon Audio running 6SN7, 6BL7 or 6BX7 output tubes. 

http://www.moon-audio.com/dragon-inspire-iha-1-tube-headphone-amp.html

Here are a couple of pictures to show the Fire Bottle references above.

Fire bottle KT88 s-l1600.jpg

45 firebottle_zpspvm5q2dx.JPG

post-36163-0-37540000-1446215825_thumb.j

post-36163-0-79780000-1446215834_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd

Good Morning All!

It's time to join the party!  :)  Diversity is what makes the audio hobby interesting, and, Tolerance is what makes it fun. 

I understand the rules, so, I will not be advertising here. However, if anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer them.  :D

Cheers!

Matt.

• Like 3

Hello Matt

as already stated I love your approach, the arts side of the amps looks so cool.  I have see only 1 other company with this approach (emotive audio) His art offered  top plates were a fairly substantial price hike

I also received your response to my direct email concerning your Headphone offerings.  I appreciate the response, Though with my HD800's I am not sure what we discussed would match well

Good luck with your Business, cant wait to hear some impressions

Joe

Yep, I found that when I googled it also.  I guess Dennis Had doesn't have a web site.

Dennis Had calls his amplifiers "Inspire" and has recently added the Fire Bottle reference.  Dennis seems to primarily sell on eBay (radioman731) when he completes an amplifier, similar to Bob Carver (audioshopper) selling his hand-built amplifiers.   I believe he also takes special orders for those that have contacted him by word-of-mouth.  There is also a headphone amplifier on Moon Audio running 6SN7, 6BL7 or 6BX7 output tubes. 

Care to share pricing information on the 45  :rolleyes: , 45 has LONG been my favorite SET amp design

Hi Joe,

I really appreciate the welcome! I have no idea what kind of hurry you are in to get yourself into another headphone amp, but, shoot me an email to: toolshedamps@gmail.com and we can discuss some options. Jack @ ElectraPrint will wind anything I need. Can anyone say "5.5K to 300 Ohms?"  :D

Cheers!

Matt.

• Like 1

Care to share pricing information on the 45  :rolleyes: , 45 has LONG been my favorite SET amp design

I LOVE 45's as well! They are fantastic DHT's to power Heritage speakers. 

• Like 1

Hey Matt

Not sure where the issue lies but I tried to submit email through your site and the submit tab would not work It stated something to the affect 

submit failed, no storage device set up,  I forwarded the query through my initial contact at audiogon

i will PM my email

Joe

Dennis quoted me somewhere around $2300 for his 45amp/preamp combo. I believe the preamp for this was based around the vintage 76 tube, he is big on bringing back older tube types into his new circuits. I passed as regardless that my KHorns can run on as few as the 2 watts the 45 provides it is my feeling, and my ears, that they sound better with bigger power, much fuller throughout the spectrum.

Please don't hold me or Dennis to this price as I believe I got a "discount" for being a past customer and we were just discussing the possible project.

Hi Joe,  he posted his email for you to contact him, you probably have to manually type it into the address of your email software.

toolshedamps@gmail.com

Matt, are your speaker amps ultra linear? And I noticed that you offer a 6W6 option for your Genesis 6 amp, does it still put out 6 watts with this tube?

A great example of Shade feedback I see Mike. It's hard for me to see the screen hookup for the EL84's, did you use the typical 2k2 value from the plate supply?

I am very curious if the Renaissance amp has a similar feedback approach, or if it uses the more common global feedback around the transformer. :rolleyes: