Comic book stores

Thaddeus Smith

Variety - is your collective expectation that everything be there and available for immediate purchase.. or if it can be special ordered and ready within 3-5 days, is that sufficient?

I'm finding the common theme of comic store closures is an excess of product on the shelves that doesn't sell.

First thing is low prices, more affordable tinder if I run out of firewood on a freezing day.

All female sale staff aged between 20 and 35 and good looking, if I'm stuck in the equivalent of the Theater of the Inane I need something to look at.

A disco ball, to keep me awake

A stopped clock on the wall as every minute I spend in a Comic Book Store is a minute I'll never get back.

A massive number of History Books for sale as well as one good history book is too many and 10,000 never enough.

YMMV. 

I collect & follow certain artists & writers (Nat Jones, Greg Capullo, Ashley Wood, Brian Michael Bendis, Frank Miller, Garth Ennis just to name a few). Variety is a double edge sword. Mass appeal titles are required) to drive revenue for the casual demographic... but not at the expense of the more esoteric, niche efforts. I collect B&W sketch variants. Got some killer stuff from Nat Jones, Mike Mignola, Scott Cambell, McFarlane etc. More than my share of long boxes.

• 2 weeks later...