Heresy parts build with curved sides.

longdrive03

Built these for a friend/customer (4th build for him).  He had two K-701 mid horns, two K-53 mid drivers (some T-35/K-77 tweeters) and bought two more Bob Crites CW1228 12" woofers to go along with these.  I added a pair of PE 4.5" waveguide horns and two EV 2442 titanium tweeter drivers and a pair of Tangent T4000 xovers.

I realize this is not a Heresy since it isn't the same box  size and type or all heresy components.

Built the cabinet using 3/8" bendable ply (two layers per each side) wrapped around curved frame.  Used waterfall bubinga aircraft grade veneer on the fronts and cherry veneer on the sides running horizontally with solid 3/4" bubinga top and front pieces and  side vertical trim.  Two 3" curved ports from PE in a 3.3 CF enclosure.  Grill frames uses magnets to attach.  Built in waterfall bubinga veneer 2" risers.

Sound is very good.  Crites woofers are very nice.  My friend really likes these since you can't buy them at Best Buy!

post-21976-0-59960000-1446590734_thumb.j

post-21976-0-58520000-1446590743_thumb.j

post-21976-0-45840000-1446590754_thumb.j

post-21976-0-45960000-1446590763_thumb.j

post-21976-0-80080000-1446590774_thumb.j

• Like 5

Thanks for the compliments guys.  I had a friend model the Crites woofer in this cabinet to get the port length and width.  F3 was around 55Hz as I recall using Bass Pro.

The tweeters sound great. Tweeter is very clear and accurate and doesn't sound compressed or shrill.  Ilike the waveguide horn  from Parts Express.   

• Like 1

thanks for compliments guys.

Yes the alnico magnets are recessed and epoxied in the front board under the veneer.  I use the ones from Madisound and have had good luck with them.  I match the grill frame to the from board and predrill marker holes to make sure they alligh properly and drill the holes on the second grill frame  at a different location to make sure you can't get the wrong grill.  I love the way the grills jump on the front board when you get them close.

Yes, I considered recessing the speakers but frankly was a little lazy on this project (just recovering from colon resection surgery).  I've don't it that way before and looks nice but a lot more work to make the mid and tweeter jigs and align properly.  I probably need to make one jig with the tweeter and midhorn sections so I can make sure they align before cutting.    May do that on the current project using the same layout but with a PE 8 x 12" mid horn and using different 12" woofer.