John Oliver Has A Profanity-Filled Message For Paris Attackers

MyOwn

A couple thousand gangsters are holding the western world hostage. They are causing the entire west to spend itself into bankruptcy trying to defend themselves, and they are calling the shots for what civil rights everyone in the western world can have. And it won't be many, in another couple years. These few gangsters then, are effectively more powerful than the Axis Forces in WWII!

The gangsters are driving the ship, calling all the shots and the mightiest army on earth is just reacting!

Curious situation.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Yes, this happens. It would be a mistake to take people's reactions and be overly critical of them. A lone robber enters a convenient store and demands all the people empty their pockets and turn over their wallets. Wow! One guy effectively controlling all those people. Some ice cream is found to be contaminated with listeria. Next, all the stores all over the nation are emptying their shelves of all ice cream from that maker. Wow! A few half-gallon containers are contaminated, and the whole ice-cream eating world is held hostage. I think it is okay to react to serious incidents such as these. We can't just ignore them and accept them as a routine part of life.

Totally true for limited time. Bank robberies end pretty quick. As do ice cream scares.

However, the west has been ducking for cover for 14 very long years, and no end on sight. And the money is pouring out like a main street has been severed. Can the control they have ever end? How? I don't see an end.

I don't know, but I sure hope order can be restored in a cost-effective way.

You could as easily liken this as people avoiding South Chicago at night.  A few gangsters effectively controlling good people for decades and decades.  There's nothing to criticize, except the gangsters.  Of course, Chicago could hire gobs more police if they could afford it.

At the rate we are going, the learning curve will be 250 years long. I think someone has to begin to think faster. I'll give one example: it has been known since the Lockerbie incident, 27 years ago, that there is basically no security in the aircraft luggage and cargo loading systems, and the personnel involved. A gaping hole in security, had been left open for a quarter of a century. Is it even possible that no one is yet smart enough to solve that?

Each night on the news they show a very detailed map wherein RED marks the known territory of the gangsters. Looks about the size of Tennessee plus a few thin entrails. Compare that to the land area of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia which we carpet bombed endlessly for 5 years, non stop, with many millions of tons of bombs dropped from 50,000 feet. Now, that was a dense jungle, whereas the gangster territory in the Levant is open desert, and much harder to hide.

Does anyone think we are actually trying? I don't think we are.

Point Two. The State department has been approving VISAS for people from the conflict zone for 14 years now since 9/11. Is that sensible, considering that James Comey, head of the FBI, recently said it is impossible to to do proper b/g checks on them? (Those countries have unreliable or no records).

We in the West must try much, much harder.

• Like 1

They do not have rules.  In fact, killing innocent bystanders is encouraged.   The USA cannot go out and just kill everyone in a region.  If so, this would be much easier. 

Think of  a punk kid smart *** shooting his mouth off.  You could just backhand him but you would be guilty, not him, and he knows it, so he gets away with it.  

A couple thousand gangsters are holding the western world hostage. They are causing the entire west to spend itself into bankruptcy trying to defend themselves, and they are calling the shots for what civil rights everyone in the western world can have. And it won't be many, in another couple years. These few gangsters then, are effectively more powerful than the Axis Forces in WWII!

The gangsters are driving the ship, calling all the shots and the mightiest army on earth is just reacting!

Curious situation.

Yes, this happens. It would be a mistake to take people's reactions and be overly critical of them. A lone robber enters a convenient store and demands all the people empty their pockets and turn over their wallets. Wow! One guy effectively controlling all those people. Some ice cream is found to be contaminated with listeria. Next, all the stores all over the nation are emptying their shelves of all ice cream from that maker. Wow! A few half-gallon containers are contaminated, and the whole ice-cream eating world is held hostage. I think it is okay to react to serious incidents such as these. We can't just ignore them and accept them as a routine part of life.
Totally true for limited time. Bank robberies end pretty quick. As do ice cream scares.

However, the west has been ducking for cover for 14 very long years, and no end on sight. And the money is pouring out like a main artery has been severed. Can the control they have ever end? How? I don't see an end.

The problem is violence and misery breeds extremism and the more we cause the more it comes back to haunt us. We had Al Queda all but defeated and the region relatively stable until we decided to help overthrow Libya and then armed "Moderate Rebels" in Syria with millions of dollars of weaponry which quickly got into the wrong hands of ISIS. In fact nobody cared or knew about ISIS until we caused enough chaos and destruction to allow this disease to spread among the constant warfare in the region which was ripe with low morale and poorly trained troops with modern weapons waiting to defect or be routed.

Its criminal our government decided we had the right to overthrow Assad in the first place, especially with a secular country which would mean the death sentence to the sizable Christian population when the Muslim Extremists take over. We need to quit this insane foreign policy of meddling and toppling legitimate governments, we dont have the money to support it, our armed forces are exhausted to the point we have a suicide epidemic among our returned soldiers and at the end of the day the region is far more chaotic and violent than if we never overthrew Iraq, Libya or Syria in the first place which means this never ending cycle of destruction, death and loss of civil liberties can perpetuate itself indefinitely.

And who benefits? The American people with crumbling infrastructure and shrinking middle class, certainly not. Europe who now has to deal with an influx of destitute refugees from a war torn country and dangerous extremists, Nope. The people that benefit are the power hungry politicians and appointed officials who use this mess for a pretext to create a massive police and surveillance state apparatus which spies on the American people while at the same time has done nothing to prevent any attacks and the international bankers who want to see the Middle East under western control to secure oil reserves and keep Russia out. This is why we have pipelines being built and perpetual troops in Afghanistan to route Natural Gas from the Caspian sea to India to circumvent the Russian infrastructure. Even Saddam threatened to sell his oil in Euros which would violate the petro-dollar mandate we have with OPEC shortly before he was invaded and removed from power. 

• Moderators

Curious situation.

Unfortunately, these gangsters are very unpredictable. That's what makes them dangerous, and the reason that world powers are in reaction mode. They are practicing a form of warfare that has not been seen in this scale before.

Yes, these current ones are real Evildoers.

Not like the ones in the 60s, or 70s, or come to think of it the 80s or 90s.

Here's what I mean by not trying. The French launched a so called massive air attack on al Raqqa, the head of the Caliphate. It consisted of dropping 20 bombs! 20 bombs? Are you kidding me? This is the massive attack? 20 bombs?

If they had said it was 2000 bombs, I would not be impressed. But 20 bombs after they murder 150 of your citizens? Something doesn't add up. How can we not be suspicious that the whole story isn't being told?

No French Army? What? They have no army?

Hollande said he was at war. That means NATO is at war under Article 5. Where is NATO forces?

Something smells.

After the 9/11 attack in the US, NATO Article 5 was invoked. Why not now?

Edited by jo56steph74

• Moderators

Here's what I mean by not trying. The French launched a so called massive air attack on al Raqqa, the head of the Caliphate. It consisted of dropping 20 bombs! 20 bombs? Are you kidding me? This is the massive attack? 20 bombs?

If they had said it was 2000 bombs, I would not be impressed. But 20 bombs after they murder 150 of your citizens? Something doesn't add up. How can we not be suspicious that the whole story isn't being told?

No French Army? What? They have no army?

Hollande said he was at war. That means NATO is at war under Article 5. Where is NATO forces?

Something smells.

I think he has to specifically invoke Article 5, "agaisnt one, against all" and it has attached financial consequences.

I think it is a much more complex issue because Russia is in the mix.

20 bombs is a joke, what's a bigger joke is that all of the target packages came from US.

It was a photo op.

So, what's behind this kind of joke response? On the one hand, statesmen are all on the air saying this is an existential threat. Meanwhile, the best response possible is 20 bombs.

Authorities are using the attack to claim they must have complete unfettered access to every communications platform there is. But then drop 20 bombs?

Smokescreen comes to mind.

Edited by jo56steph74

So, what's behind this kind of joke response? On the one hand, statesmen are all on the air saying this is an existential threat. Meanwhile, the best response possible is 20 bombs.

Authorities are using the attack to claim they must have complete unfettered access to every communications platform there is. But then drop 20 bombs?

Smokescreen comes to mind.

Smokescreen indeed. There is a bunch of shady stuff regarding how we are managing the "ISIS" war. Here is some interesting footage. You can clearly see armed people near the artillery piece then a man answers a cell phone then soon after everyone leaves the gun and the camera is trained on it waiting for the smart bomb to hit:

There is a bunch of shady stuff regarding how we are managing the "ISIS" war.

Is it a war? It doesn't feel like it, look like it or smell like it.

The headlines do not match the action on the field. The rhetoric from the state and intelligence departments doesn't match the action on the field.

There is a bunch of shady stuff regarding how we are managing the "ISIS" war.

Is it a war? It doesn't feel like it, look like it or smell like it.

The headlines do not match the action on the field. The rhetoric from the state and intelligence departments doesn't match the action on the field.

It's because they have no spine. This is intentional.  They are still testing the hypothesis that wars can be made politically correct.

INMHO 10 armed citizens would have made a world of difference in that nightclub, etc.  I carry on a daily basis because of the fact that the world has been upside down for the past 20 years or so.  The Europeans decided to give up their guns along with Australia and others.  Now many want them back.  Good luck!  Now Obama, Hillary and other liberal progressives want to take Americans guns away.  Let them try.  Who is ready for another civil war?

Best regards,

John