Moral Code?

Jeff Matthews

• Moderators

Chief Oncologist at UT MD Anderson says they are price gouging, so I will go with him, it is Immoral.

"Oncologists like Kantarjian have become increasingly vocal about the financial strains for patients and the profits drug companies are making. This week, more than 100 of the nation’s leading cancer doctors, including several past presidents of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and James Allison, the scientist whose basic research led to the development of Yervoy, released a statement in the Mayo Clinic Proceedings that called for reforms to rein in costs, including changing laws they believe have allowed prices to balloon."

• Like 1

Chief Oncologist at UT MD Anderson says they are price gouging, so I will go with him, it is Immoral.

"Oncologists like Kantarjian have become increasingly vocal about the financial strains for patients and the profits drug companies are making. This week, more than 100 of the nation’s leading cancer doctors, including several past presidents of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and James Allison, the scientist whose basic research led to the development of Yervoy, released a statement in the Mayo Clinic Proceedings that called for reforms to rein in costs, including changing laws they believe have allowed prices to balloon."

Good Gravy All Mighty! We have a winner after only 41 posts! I knew it was possible, but I never expected it to take 41 posts! Yahooo! Pass the whiskey and cigars and bullets!

I for one, wouldn't miss a drug commercial.

Feeling a little limp lately?  Ask your doctor about Jackulera.  Bigger, harder, stronger, faster!  Jackulera!

maybe if a person is experiencing that...watching TV could be a contributing cause? Turn off the TV and spend some time with one's wife.   :D

Feeling a little limp lately?  Ask your doctor about Jackulera.  Bigger, harder, stronger, faster!  Jackulera!

Side effects include:

Vomiting, diarrhea, bloody stool, lethargy, hair loss, thoughts of suicide, speaker hoarding. 

• Like 1

You want to be convinced.  I prefer to have a range of data.  The fact that, like you, I expect them to be crooked, I prefer more than the opinion of a single qualified witness...assuming he IS a witness and had full access to the accounts of that company and it's R&D. 

When I wind up as part of a lynch mob I at least try to ensure there is sufficient evidence.  It should be understood, though will remain unstated as I don't wish to send the thread down the wrong road, that I do not like this model and would prefer a very different one. 

Dave

Side effects include:

Vomiting, diarrhea, bloody stool, lethargy, hair loss, thoughts of suicide, speaker hoarding. 

You left out mental constipation.

So what she talked about on a MM forum was this: no one gets out alive. But she also said she wanted to die with Grace, to be obedient to God's will. From the perspective of many, she did that and more. Is the cost worth it? I would say yes.

It was worth it, but it's a good thing you had such good insurance.