see what happens when you mock Ketchup

BigStewMan

This has been, by far and away, the best and most informative ketchup thread I have ever seen on the Klipsch forum! Just outta this world! And loaded with more high quality info than I think I've ever seen! Let's keep it going!! How about those ketchup caps on the bottles! isn't the new one astounding?!! 

one question...how can you misspell your own user name?  Surely, you meant Mr. KETCHUP not Mr. Catsup.   :D

• Moderators

This has been, by far and away, the best and most informative ketchup thread I have ever seen on the Klipsch forum! Just outta this world! And loaded with more high quality info than I think I've ever seen! Let's keep it going!! How about those ketchup caps on the bottles! isn't the new one astounding?!! 

MrCatsup   :o  don't remember seeing that before

Ok there is one ketchup bottle top that I didn't like, it's the huge top about 2". I don't like it because when the bottle was empty I went to wash it out.I was thinking I could refill with my diy barbecue sauce, nope big top hiding a small bottle opening it went in the trash. 

• Like 1

Fact:  About 25 years ago, my brother came up with an idea.  He designed this plastic container of sorts that you could put in your fridge, and it would accept placement of an ordinary ketchup bottle inside it, upside down.  That way, the ketchup was always at the top.  He called it, "Bottoms Up."  It never took off.  Years later, the bottles themselves were re-designed so you could stand them on their heads in the fridge.  Coincidence?  We'll never know.

• Like 1

By the way, sweet thang, over 980 posts, and I don't remember seeing your pretty, little self around these parts.  If catsup turns you on, I know this great BBQ joint.  Where we hang out, they don't need unisex bathrooms because it wouldn't matter anyway.

MrCatsup   :o  don't remember seeing that before

Ok there is one ketchup bottle top that I didn't like, it's the huge top about 2". I don't like it because when the bottle was empty I went to wash it out.I was thinking I could refill with my diy barbecue sauce, nope big top hiding a small bottle opening it went in the trash. 

Argh!!! I totally hate it when that happens!! JC!!! What a frickin trick! 

I am crazy over the new cap that flips up to reveal the small exit hole! That's the nuts! 

By the way, sweet thang, over 980 posts, and I don't remember seeing your pretty, little self around these parts.  If catsup turns you on, I know this great BBQ joint.  Where we hang out, they don't need unisex bathrooms because it wouldn't matter anyway.

Y'alls are all from Texas. Nearly ever one here, fars as I kin tell. I don't get out that way much bein a kinda homebody. 

jo56steph74

The condiment wars began a few years ago, in a forum far`far`away, although a lot closer than that in reality.  It has been said that the first shot was fired by a big guy hell bent on promoting ketchup as the King of Condiments.  A rebel alliance quickly formed but has always been at a disadvantage in a land dominated, much unlike the rest of the planet, by ketchup.  Reinforcements have been called, yet there has been no answer due to lack of interest.  The rebel alliance is desperate, with some even changing their screen names in order to escape the all encompassing scrutiny of the ketchup mongers.  Only a claim that not eating ketchup will clear up tinnitus will suffice to sway the storm troopers of the tomato based life form to relent, if not repent, and overthrow the tyranny.  Our lord of condiments, pray for us now in our hour of need, and pray even for the tyrannical tomato based oppressors.

• Like 2

Ketchup is used for almost any food you can think of, including sweets and beverages. To throw a party featuring international dishes, use a bottle of the magical red condiment.

Start with fried chicken dosed with ketchup, a dish favored in countries such as ChinaThailand, and Jamaica. Add ketchup to pizza to practice a popular custom from places like TrinidadIndiaJapanPoland, and Norway. Want to add a Swedish flavor to pasta dishes at your shindig? Pour ketchup over spaghetti and macaroni.

Don’t forget dessert and snacks. Imitate our good Canadian neighbors—buy ketchup chips made by companies such as Lay’s and Herr’s, and make Canadian ketchup cake for celebrations. Include chocolate ketchup, like Hershey Resorts in Pennsylvania makes, as a barbecue or dipping sauce. Baskin-Robbins once experimented with ketchup ice cream but did not allow the flavor to leave the lab. Do not be disappointed. Either make it from scratch with a recipe such as Heinz’s carnival cream, or purchase some from mom and pop stores in New York. Finally, have your guests wash everything down with pruno, a prison wine concocted with ketchup, sugar, fruit cocktail, and oranges.