I'm thinking of downsizing my RS7s...

maseline_98

What would be a good replacement for these(new or used)? They are just too big for my space and I'm trying to move to an atmos 5.1.4 setup (4 ceiling) and I need something that I can put on a speaker stand. Also, what would be a fair price for them? They are in good condition.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

First, I would suggest keeping them and mounting them up higher where they won't get into your space.  If you are going to sell them, I purchased my other pair for $300 and they work for my space, so there you have it, but I would make them work, as they are really great surrounds.

First, I would suggest keeping them and mounting them up higher where they won't get into your space. If you are going to sell them, I purchased my other pair for $300 and they work for my space, so there you have it, but I would make them work, as they are really great surrounds.

I agree...They are great surrounds. I have them mounted at the ceiling, which is kind of the problem. They are too big to put them on stands and with atmos, Im not going to get the separation needed to get the effect.

I use the RS 35 near the ceiling and always have put my surrounds high.  They are out of the way and work well up high.  Keep the RS 7 if possible.  I got the RS 35's because they were more placement friendly than the RS 7's.
he stated needing the separation for atmos. so they need to be lower on stands to get that. hence why he is wanting smaller.  
  • Like 1

First, I would suggest keeping them and mounting them up higher where they won't get into your space. If you are going to sell them, I purchased my other pair for $300 and they work for my space, so there you have it, but I would make them work, as they are really great surrounds.

I agree...They are great surrounds. I have them mounted at the ceiling, which is kind of the problem. They are too big to put them on stands and with atmos, Im not going to get the separation needed to get the effect.

have you figured out what you want for them?  I'm pretty close to you and have a friend in Allentown, that could be interested. 

I think the perfect replacement that's slightly smaller and fits well on a stand would be the RB-5. The RB-5 basically has the same woofer with just one horn (same horn as RS-7's two). It will match the same in appearance and won't lose any sound quality, it's a great speaker.

Any ideas?

Moving them to rear wall head level is exactly what I did due to the bulk of the cabinets, just too much and had to put them way up high for room.  Just didn't look right to me.   I think the RS7's add a nice wide rear sound in my room now. I replaced them there with the R-5800-W II which sound and look a lot better for this position.

Edited by 007nco

Any ideas?

Moving them to rear wall head level is exactly what I did due to the bulk of the cabinets, just too much and had to put them way up high for room. Just didn't look right to me. I think the RS7's add a nice wide rear sound in my room now. I replaced them there with the R-5800-W II which sound and look a lot better for this position.
Can you post a picture of yours...Here is a picture of what I'm dealing with. 1b9462453f91705e76698c82710312a7.jpg

• Like 1