Klipsch raises prices on Heritage (again)

Ouachita

We talked about this concept on another thread, but these days nobody pays "retail."  Maybe by raising the MSRP it gives the distributors a little wiggle room on discounts so they can discount and still make decent profit margins.  Unless a business is doing volume you have got to make 30% just to keep the doors open.

With the competition as strong as it is these days, just surviving as a business one year to the next is a victory.  You can have 75 years in business and with only one bad year you could be gone forever.

• Like 3

Are they trying to price these things out of existence?  $2,000 for a pair of Heresys???  $4,400 for a set of Cornwalls??

I wish I had the price list from 2005 - but they were significantly lower.

I remember them being 1400-1600 a pair, that is quite a bit of an increase.

No matter, once i achived the EAW/McM level, there will be NO more common speaker purchases.

Next up for aquiring will be Feild Coil design, and looking at the pricing these will be my last purchase.

Wife has been a Klipsch fan as she loves her Ks, however we had an introduction

to Feild Coil induced "Speakers" if you have heard them you know why we are going this way.

There are some Demos on youtube, but you stand it front of real firing FD's and you do not forget it.

My god, that's been around for 100 years. I remember the power supplies always crapping out.

JJK

New pair, dialed in with tech, will fetch 20k on the cheap side.

Interesting being the "CatsMeow" of dam near perfect repoduction of sound, they maintain their value.

Never ceases to amaze me how the thread subjects get hijacked within a very short period of time.  No idea what field coil design has to do with the prices of Heritage speakers....

Relevent, Klipsch raises prices yet again, Klipsch are the top of the line as far as i am concrened, FOR a common speaker.

Now with the advent of rising prices, Me Being an McM owner, if i were to pay retail current klipsch prices, there are better choices for that kind of money,

Most likely prices are rising because they can.  If you look at the landscape for speakers, many people won't take you seriously as a manufacturer unless your prices are gouge worthy.

The old model was quality or quantity, which do you want to do?  Now it is just cut quantity, raise prices and everyone will come flocking.

"Maybe because PWK chose permanent magnets as the more thrifty "solution?""

Original Klipschorn used a field coil driver. If you read the article about it one of the measurements he made was with the field coil shut off.

Wasn't this back when Stephens Trusonic was in play?

"Maybe because PWK chose permanent magnets as the more thrifty "solution?""

Original Klipschorn used a field coil driver. If you read the article about it one of the measurements he made was with the field coil shut off.

Wasn't this back when Stephens Trusonic was in play?

We run what we can afford, that is what brought us here.

if anyone gets a chance to audition field coil driven speakers, you will be the better for it.

All audio shows worth their salt have a few pairs going.