The Hateful Eight

Schu

The Hateful Eight: Theater Showtimes & Ticket Purchasing - The Official Showtimes Destination

Complete roadshow theater list for The Hateful Eight... on Dec25th

Hateful-8-trailer.0.jpg

it's slightly sketchy still... AMC town square isn't releasing any tickets and when you call the theater they dont know what you are talking about, but at least we get a showing! Some other states are already selling tickets.

Quentin Tarantino has stated very plainly that he is only going to make 10 movies in his career before moving on to Theater... this is movie number 8 (one more kill bill movie), better enjoy it while you can.

In case you hadn't heard before... The Hateful Eight Roadshow is a two week screening on the movie in 70mm film, the format in which it was shot (65mm). after that, starting January 8, the movie will be widely released in digital projection as part of it's normal release.

The-Hateful-Eight-UK-Age-Rating.jpg

the roadshow will feature an Ennio Morriconne Overture, extra 4 minutes of footage and an intermission... just like the old 70mm releases.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 3

I tried to look up Arlington and Ft Worth but didn't have any luck with times or tickets.

I **** everything he has done with the exception of Django, which I thiught was up and down.

More showtimes found in the cities below

Pflugerville

Arlington

Austin

San Antonio

Dallas

Plano

I tried to look up Arlington and Ft Worth but didn't have any luck with times or tickets.

I **** everything he has done with the exception of Django, which I thiught was up and down.

It looks like the only actual 70mm show (in the DFW area) will be at the Cinemark West Plano. All the local AMC's are completely digital now to my knowledge. I believe they've been this way since AMC added the IMAX screens a few years ago.

http://www.in70mm.com/news/2016/hateful_8/index.htm

The Hateful Eight: Theater Showtimes & Ticket Purchasing - The Official Showtimes Destination

Complete roadshow theater list for The Hateful Eight... on Dec25th

the roadshow will feature an Ennio Morriconne Overture, extra 4 minutes of footage and an intermission... just like the old 70mm releases.

Seeing 70mm projection can be a life changing experience ... enjoy it while you can!

Will the 70mm prints have digital soundtracks, or analog magnetic sound?  Since they are refurbishing old projectors, they could have magnetic heads.  IMO the magnetic prints of the old days were warmer and less harsh than most digital tracks.  One frequently encountered piece of misinformation is that, since the prints are 70mm, and the camera negative is 65mm, that the 6 magnetic soundtracks had a total width of 5mm.  The math is correct, but that is not the way it was (empiricism triumphs!).  A 5mm total width would raise questions about the audio quality.  In actuality, the image on the prints was slightly reduced in area, leaving more room for the soundtracks.  This was possible with high resolution visuals because print film was very fine grain.  Camera film was "faster," therefore grainer, and lower resolution, but a 65mm negative was still far superior to a 35mm negative.

• Like 1

All over Chicago, tix aren't available yet

Mark

My guess is that it will play in 70mm in only one theater in Chicago, so consider seeking that one out.  We used to drive across most of Oakland, across the bridge and almost all of San Francisco to see films projected in 70mm.  It was worth it!

I for one without getting political, will never go see another movie he makes after the escapades he pulled calling cops murderers.Ironic that he says that and walks with black lives matter and they publicly call for people to shoot and kill cops. Sorry to sidetrack the thread. His movies however have been very good.

• Like 2

I for one without getting political, will never go see another movie he makes after the escapades he pulled calling cops murderers.Ironic that he says that and walks with black lives matter and they publicly call for people to shoot and kill cops. Sorry to sidetrack the thread. His movies however have been very good.

They do?  I'm surprised.  Could you give us a link to a quote stating that, from a source other than Fox News? 

The NY Times would be good.  Maybe I just plain missed the story? 

Edited by garyrc
  • Like 1

They do?  I'm surprised.  Could you give us a link to a quote stating that? 

outside of all the facebook and youtube videos,I don't have an exact link. I can look it up for you though.

Thats not exactly what he said... you need to look deeper into the story if that is the sort of neo-protesting you do as a way to make yourself feel useful.

He talks about it extensively here:

Frankly, all I care about is if you can make a movie I will love... QT can indeed, and on 65mm film.

:P

Edited by Schu
  • Like 2

Phillips 70mm projectors.  Good.  The original 70mm Todd-AO projectors were made by Phillips ("of the Netherlands"), with the sound contracted out to Ampex, with JBL monster speakers (4 horn loaded 15" woofers, + port, and a horn/lens midrange/treble for each of the 5 channels that, in those days, were behind the screen, plus the sixth channel being a switchable, blendable surround).  There were two projectionists in the booth, partly because the reels were so heavy. 

Edited by garyrc

Do any of the theaters Tarantino had 70mm installed in have curved screens like the ones originally used for 70mm, like the Coronet in San Francisco (before they substituted a smaller flat screen, then -- decades later -- tore down the theater), or Century 21 in San Jose?  Does the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood still have a curved screen (academic, I know, since Disney edged Tarantino out to show Star Wars)?

"The roadshow will feature an Ennio Morriconne Overture, extra 4 minutes of footage and an intermission... just like the old 70mm releases".

His music and the atmosphere of the Spaghetti western is well worth seeing.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1