Another F-20 Build

Pete H

post-32129-0-19280000-1459462717_thumb.j

Skirt boards for the F-20 (the equipment rack is upside down so don't get confused)  F-20 is sitting on a dolly and will be oriented horizontally, not vertically as shown.  A couple of shelves are on the top (bottom) of the equipment rack that will reside on the F-20

My room acoustics are such that for a large area it really doesn't take much to get tons of clean bass from even a single sub so we will just have to see what sounds the best and be able to trigger on the others as wanted for HT.  I just want to be done with this build already and move on to the next.

Once you've listened to good speakers with any good sub, it's tough to get away from them and then you want to hear different subs and then you have to join the group.

"I would not want to be a member of any group that would have me as a member" -- Groucho Marx

All kidding aside, Pete that looks spectacular. Awesome job!

Edited by babadono

Looks great Pete.....but I have to ask. You're the second guy here now that I've seen design one of these to go in between your mains. How did you know that would be the optimal location for the sub?

The other guy did it with a Tuba and said that he tested the location prior with a different type of sub, which makes no sense to me. Just trying to understand.

Looks great Pete.....but I have to ask. You're the second guy here now that I've seen design one of these to go in between your mains. How did you know that would be the optimal location for the sub?

The other guy did it with a Tuba and said that he tested the location prior with a different type of sub, which makes no sense to me. Just trying to understand.

I didn't know at first but running this in the shop for 40+ hours with it in the center of the KP250's led me to the decision about making this the TV stand and placing it in the center.  Now if I could figure out this freaking Outlaw preamp.  I'm ready to hook the Onkyo back up and bring the Sansui inside.  Frustrated as hell at the moment, the setup on the Outlaw sucks, or I'm just way to pissed to keep working with it. :P  I just can't get the signal to the F-20.  Deep breath and another coors light and I'll check in a little later.  I still don't know how it sounds inside, but it was absolutely fantastic in the shop with the 250's.

I didn't know at first but running this in the shop for 40+ hours with it in the center of the KP250's led me to the decision about making this the TV stand and placing it in the center.

Those 2 rooms will most likely react differently than each other in regards to bass.

What model Onkyo are you having trouble with?