ALERT!, Ms. Valerie Klipsch!

twistedcrankcammer

I WILL START OUT BY SAYING THAT NOBODY ASKED ME TO DO THIS, I AM SELF ELECTED HERE!

I want to start by saying that I posted about this in the two channel section, and I have been bumping it regularly to make sure everyone got a chance to see it!

Ms. Valerie Klipsch was put in a Nursing Home for a couple of weeks because of health problems and as you can well imagine, this depressed her and brought her spirits down :(

Christy took it upon herself to ask for forum members to write in things to boost her spirits that Christy would make sure got read to Ms. Valerie.

Another forum member, made the suggestion that we take up a collection for some flowers for Ms. Valerie. I called Christy after a few days to find out where to send $20 and Christy said I might as well not bother as not one single person had contributed a single Dollar?

This PISSED me off, and I put my thoughts down in 2 channel here on the forum, and do you know what? Some guys had not seen the original post, but for what ever the reason, guys started donating!

Christy got the money for flowers plus a few other nice things to raise Ms. Valerie's spirits:)

So why am I writing this now, again, in Home Theatre?

I will tell you why.....

Ms. Valerie is Paul's widow, they had no children together, Paul never had any Children of his own :(

This Lady turns 101 years old this April, and we want to give her a birthday present from the forum :)

Christy will take it upon herself to take care of everything, and if Ms. Valerie is healthy enough, and that is a true "IF", Christy is trying to see if she will be able for us to meet her to present the gift :)

This is not going to be a yearly deal like we hope the pilgrimage to Hope is becoming, for Christ sakes, the Lady will be 101 this year!

If you are planning on going to Hope, or if you are a regular weekly member here with a few years under your belt, I ask you to consider that this is the closest thing to Paul's heart that we have left on this planet, and without Paul, there never would have been a Klipsch Forum for you to enjoy, because there never would have been any Klipsch speakers :(

So, if you only enjoy hanging out with this family and posting and or learning, I ask you to search your heart to see if this place has given you $20 worth of friends, knowledge, and enjoyment, and get off your butts, get out your wallet, and give something if you are one of the ones who as of yet has not and are letting everyone else do your duty for you.

I decided to write this to help raise the last bit of funds.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 2

Christie can receive the money if you send it to Busy.bees.orders@gmail.com

Please comment Ms. Valerie on your Pay Pal when you donate.

Thanks!!

Roger

Roger, I thing you have spelled her Paypal address wrong. I sent mine to Busy.bees.orders

At least I hope it's spelled wrong :D

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Roger, thanks for posting this in the HT section as this is pretty much the only section I frequent and I rarely look at the "Recent Posts" on the home page.  Just sent my donation.  Not sure we have to try and guilt people into donating.  Just by making the request known and letting people give from their hearts should be enough.  Many of us I'm sure simply just did not know about it.  ;)  

• Like 3

Any notion of good will I have goes completely out the window when someone decides to brow beat me into compliance. 

I kind of agree.  

Me personally, if I'm going to spend 20 bucks on flowers to send to a woman, it's going to be for my wife, or my own grandmother who is also in the nursing home.  Preferably at least somebody who I have met before, or at least knew existed before this thread.  If that makes anybody sick then I'm sorry.  

If there is a real financial need for something, or if we start taking up collections for the University of Arkansas scholarship that Paul and Valerie started which Valerie apparently upped as recently as 3 years ago, or something else tangible and of substance, preferably of the tax deductible type, then I'll gladly donate.  

Remind me again, why my comments are unsurprising to you?

Thad,

You were self centered enough to pollute this thread in the first place in taking it personally about yourself when I never posted your name. 

This is for a good cause, yet you chose to pollute it rather than do the right thing here!

I am more than willing to go into depth on any of this, but that will be on your head as I will not engage you further in a negative manner on a thread about something positive.

So if you really want to discuss how cheap you are, I suggest you start another thread on which I will fully comment ;)

Roger

Quit holding back Roger, tell us how you really feel. :lol:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Any notion of good will I have goes completely out the window when someone decides to brow beat me into compliance. 

I kind of agree.  

Me personally, if I'm going to spend 20 bucks on flowers to send to a woman, it's going to be for my wife, or my own grandmother who is also in the nursing home.  Preferably at least somebody who I have met before, or at least knew existed before this thread.  If that makes anybody sick then I'm sorry.  

If there is a real financial need for something, or if we start taking up collections for the University of Arkansas scholarship that Paul and Valerie started which Valerie apparently upped as recently as 3 years ago, or something else tangible and of substance, preferably of the tax deductible type, then I'll gladly donate.  

Ms. Valerie has contributed a substantial amount of money to Paul's alma mater, New Mexico State University and continues to fund various academic programs. This lady has probably donate more money that most of us combined to higher education.

I apologize to any of you that may be offended by the manner in which this subject was brought to light.  On my behalf there was no offense intended.  I simply would like to make the 100 year old widow of PWK feel the genuine friendship and caring that I believe exists here.  Those of us that HAVE had the pleasure of meeting her can attest to her feisty independence in the past.  Without a doubt her independence has been compromised and some of us just believe this is a way to lift her spirits. 

By all means, if you don't feel lead to contribute, DON'T!  It's not like you will be singled out, as the flowers and other gifts will be from the Klipsch Forum members as a whole!

I'm am going to ask those of you that do not wish to donate, or have anything positive to comment to please refrain from commenting on this thread or any other thread relating to Ms. Valerie.  I really don't care for the negativity and it's an insult to those of us that honestly care. 

Thank you for your understanding and your COOPERATION!

Christy

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 6

I have not been here long, so not very historied.

I know I'm not really in the group.

That's OK.

But I am upset with what I'm reading.

Our household income due to disability, is soo low you would gasp WTF noo way. Ya, way.- So we are not able to contribute.

I actually have not had any full size speakers in my home for years.

But in a previous life, had LaScalas.

So I have the love.

And a fellow old forum member is helping me remedy that.

Twistedcrankcammer is doing the right thing by taking the bull by the horns, and pushing to make something happen that, in my opinion, SHOULD have happenned WITHOUT his "arm twisting".

When shit that should happen, does not, someones got to lead.

Thats what he is doing.

More than anyone else.

Of the whole group, he spoke up.

There were also a few supporters, Including you in applaud as well.

Acting as a Leader that sees what should happen AND is willing to speak up.

And so some are offended by his being too forefront.

Sounds like whiners to me.

If you cannot afford donation, then don't, but be of good heart for PWK's choice of Bride and Life Partner.

If you are blessed to have cash (Shit, look at most of your systems $ investment) then hopefully help.

Like Christy sez - If you got nothin productive to add, keep it to yourself while enjoying your + bank balance.

Oh, and don't forget to be thankfull that you got somethin better than flour in warmed water for dinner, and don't have to scrub your laundry in the Ganges with dead bodies floating by.

I'm just really upset.  lars

• Like 2

IMHPO there are many ways to lift someone's spirits, not limited to flowers, gifts, words of encouragement etc....I would personally like the opportunity to go and see her when we are down there in May and give her my time, which I would think could serve her better, but that's just my thoughts and I whole heartedly agree, that keeping things positive is the way to go. so read twice (in some cases 3 or 4x's) and post once. :D

• Like 2

I have not been here long, so not very historied.

I know I'm not really in the group.

That's OK.

But I am upset with what I'm reading.

Our household income due to disability, is soo low you would gasp WTF noo way. Ya, way.- So we are not able to contribute.

I actually have not had any full size speakers in my home for years.

But in a previous life, had LaScalas.

So I have the love.

And a fellow old forum member is helping me remedy that.

Twistedcrankcammer is doing the right thing by taking the bull by the horns, and pushing to make something happen that, in my opinion, SHOULD have happenned WITHOUT his "arm twisting".

When shit that should happen, does not, someones got to lead.

Thats what he is doing.

More than anyone else.

Of the whole group, he spoke up.

There were also a few supporters, Including you in applaud as well.

Acting as a Leader that sees what should happen AND is willing to speak up.

And so some are offended by his being too forefront.

Sounds like whiners to me.

If you cannot afford donation, then don't, but be of good heart for PWK's choice of Bride and Life Partner.

If you are blessed to have cash (Shit, look at most of your systems $ investment) then hopefully help.

Like Christy sez - If you got nothin productive to add, keep it to yourself while enjoying your + bank balance.

Oh, and don't forget to be thankfull that you got somethin better than flour in warmed water for dinner, and don't have to scrub your laundry in the Ganges with dead bodies floating by.

I'm just really upset.  lars

Lars,

please call me at (419)-231-5494, you can call collect or send me your phone number in a PM because I have unlimited long distance Please.

thanks1

roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

• Moderators

IMHPO there are many ways to lift someone's spirits, not limited to flowers, gifts, words of encouragement etc....I would personally like the opportunity to go and see her when we are down there in May and give her my time, which I would think could serve her better, but that's just my thoughts and I whole heartedly agree, that keeping things positive is the way to go. so read twice (in some cases 3 or 4x's) and post once. :D

We are hopeful that Ms.Valerie will be in good enough health to meet with us in May. On our previous meetings with Ms. Valerie she gave denim shirts with the Klipsch logo, commemorative glasses for Paul's birthday and other memorabilia to us. I'll post a pic of the denim shirts soon.

How can we not give back to someone that has treated us so graciously? Time to pay it forward!

• Like 2

I would strongly caution against judging forum members for choosing not to participate in sending flowers, no matter how worthy the recipient. this forum is but a small window into each other's lives and the reasons are limitless for a person's decision to not participate in every single call for donations.

• Like 2

We are hopeful that Ms.Valerie will be in good enough health to meet with us in May. On our previous meetings with Ms. Valerie she gave denim shirts with the Klipsch logo, commemorative glasses for Paul's birthday and other memorabilia to us. I'll post a pic of the denim shirts soon.

How can we not give back to someone that has treated us so graciously? Time to pay it forward!

Well now, this is the first chance iv had to sit down and take a gander at what has been going on in the main forum

First of all, Twisted has said everything i would have said, second, he can speak for me anytime.

Now on to Business, Christy you got a good week to think of something (I) as in (WE) the forum would treat her to.

More than happy to kick down a "C" note or two, you just come up with something you have NOT thought of.

Wife and i have Public Pc access so i see it wise NOT to do ANY banking on these critters, got aprox another week out of town,

I think the wife is ready for the desert, a little PalmSprings is in order day after tomarrow.

You got a week girl, think of something  :emotion-21:

Now back to real business, wife is upstairs waiting in a hot tube, and THAT sure sounds a Hella lot better than bloggin ....... :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Like 2