Sometimes the joke's on you

Pete H

Mark, thanks for your very profane and insulting PM to me last night. Obviously it was not the same as you sent to other folks, but it was exactly as I expected, extremely childish and reeking of huge insecurity. BTW, I didn't read your post that you linked to, as I'm sure it was just more of your same old blah, blah, blah.

Right, Mark's "insecure". I've never heard Mark be "profane". You should share the PM, I'm sure the Irish lashing is a great read.

Actually, Mark denies having sent a different email.  He maintains it was the same as everyone else received.

Quit thinking. You're not very good at it.

Thanks Dean, and considering your terrible customer service and awful listening and reading skills, I would have to say the same for you.

I would never "share" a PM from anyone, regardless of the content, as it is counter to the accepted protocol with respect to PM's.  Now, you may have no problem with that, seeing as though you are probably Mark's sock puppet anyway.

Mark, thanks for your very profane and insulting PM to me last night. Obviously it was not the same as you sent to other folks, but it was exactly as I expected, extremely childish and reeking of huge insecurity. BTW, I didn't read your post that you linked to, as I'm sure it was just more of your same old blah, blah, blah.

Right, Mark's "insecure". I've never heard Mark be "profane". You should share the PM, I'm sure the Irish lashing is a great read.

Actually, Mark denies having sent a different email.  He maintains it was the same as everyone else received.

Sure, his denial just continues to fit his pattern.

It's really a shame that people couldn't figure out Mark well enough to leave him alone to do his thing.  He lives to debate, and his style is very magnetic in that he draws people in to the fight.  However, as soon as a person realizes he's not in the mood to fight that hard, the pattern always is that we would see a lot whining about Mark's style.

I always thought whining about Mark in this way was pretty weak, and I let my opinion be known a good handful of times.  However, there was just no getting around it.  The only way possible would have been to ban people for whining about Mark.  Maybe that would have taught people to bow out of an argument gracefully.  Instead, they bowed-out with rancor, whining, and demands to ban Mark.  What a shame it had to be that way.

I'm not all upset or angry, though.  I am just a little disappointed.  It is what it is.  Mark would just not relent.  Decorum was almost a worthless thing to him.  As for me, I can act with enough decorum to not get myself in trouble, but there is no denying the odds that the post-count around here will drop precipitously in his absence.  The "debaters" among us will just have to find a debate elsewhere or be content finding something else to do.

I've thought to express my opinion on this thread countless times only to blow it off because, what difference does it make :wacko:

That said, I've agreed with pretty much everything you've said up to this point in the thread and the only thing I was disappointed in was the outcome--I retrieved most of my crap and still don't understand entirely how "the remedy" worked or why it had to happen in the first place...At this point I don't care and hope everyone is doing well. :) {Note: I also think emoticons add to internet conversations.}

Edited by Zen Traveler
  • Like 1