Sometimes the joke's on you

Pete H

OK, so I was reading this thread, that has since been locked. (I guess I overestimated my pull with the forum "Clique")  "Read to the end prior to posting your opinion please"  So anyway, I was reading about this alleged ****** bag that changes their name so they can continue to troll, ( or there's the conspiracy theory ) and in general, "p*ss off the majority of the members"  (or the ones that are actually in the clique), so anyway, I'm reading and laughing convinced that I should take the high road, but, just like Scarface, I was sucked "back" in. 

"Intermission"

Ok, so I grabbed another beer and decided it was my duty, as a forum clique member, to step in and provide much needed comic relief.........................Wake up, we're not done yet...................................and in jest, said, "I'll just change my name to Alice", funny, right?  Seemed to provide some therapy for a few, and all was good, until I read a few responses to my post, which were funny and made me laugh, Success I proclaimed, SUCCESS!  Fun was had by many and they sang in the streets!  Then is was time to respond and keep the good times rolling; and I typed, and I typed and hit post, and all those people that I thought were in my Clique, ran and plotted and checked the list, and I was not on it.  I was sad, and felt betrayed, THE THREAD WAS LOCKED ! and the there was shame and sadness

Intermission (no quotes)

Then.....................................when I wasn't able to post my response, to keep the fun times rolling, I thought that it was important, for new and old forum members alike, to understand and acknowledge,, that Alice was but an attempt at humor, so I should change my screen name back, and continue on my audio journey, learning, spending, experiencing, the Nirvana of Klipsch, and this forum and its' members, or should I also, change my moniker back to Pete H? 

Ok, so I decided to change my forum name back and continue on my journey, so after typing all of the "super secret" information into the form, and pausing to reflect on the joys, that Alice had brought me, I hit enter, and it was all over.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  30 days of Alice, and that's after reaching out to my homies. :P  :emotion-22:

Ok, so I grabbed another beer and decided it was my duty, as a forum clique member, to step in and provide much needed comic relief.........................Wake up, we're not done yet...................................and in jest, said, "I'll just change my name to Alice", funny, right?  Seemed to provide some therapy for a few, and all was good, until I read a few responses to my post, which were funny and made me laugh, Success I proclaimed, SUCCESS!  Fun was had by many and they sang in the streets!  Then is was time to respond and keep the good times rolling; and I typed, and I typed and hit post, and all those people that I thought were in my Clique, ran and plotted and checked the list, and I was not on it.  I was sad, and felt betrayed, THE THREAD WAS LOCKED ! and the there was shame and sadness

In some respects that thread sure looked like it was developing into an old “Mexican standoff” to me. Almost as entertaining as watching the old trio of "Blondie," “Angel Eyes,” and “Tuco” stare each other down, during the final act of “The Good, the Bad & the Ugly.”  I’m sure each "clique" has its own respective opinion on which participants should be cast with Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, or Eli Wallach. :wacko:

Oh, and Alice, the next time you see that caterpillar, feel free to share a long puff on the hoo-kah in honor of the "Mary Jane" thread.  :ph34r:

Edited by Fjd

This is funny, I had no idea it sticks for 30 days. I think I like the Pete H thing better, the whole Alice thing is kind of freaky. :ph34r:  :P  

OK i get it now, he is stuck with it for 30 days.  Ok, so you'll be Alice when you receive your new drivers tomorrow.  Something to look back on I guess.

and in jest, said, "I'll just change my name to Alice", funny, right?

No, not really.  I've always thought we needed more women on here.  :wub:

I'm hoping you'll bring a kinder, more feminine atmosphere to the proceedings, dear.  It's been so dreary, lately. 

In your Honor, Alice:

I'm glad you're sex change is fully reversible and you can try it before you buy it. LOL!

By the way, when you see Pete ask him if the pre/pro is working out ok. Thanks Alice

First impressions after getting in the menu's and getting a rough set up is that it sounds good, not sure it's much different than the 805 at this point, but I still haven't had the chance to do the set up with a mic and I have to bring the QSC back in for the mains so by no means is this my final impressions.  I've been taking a little heat for not finishing the kitchen and instead working on audio projects, Oh well, kinda use to that.

Alice, we can always call you Al for short if it makes you feel better.

Since my pals (moderators) :ph34r: haven't been able to help me correct this, I'll just wear it proud for the remaining days.  :P

This is funny, I had no idea it sticks for 30 days. I think I like the Pete H thing better, the whole Alice thing is kind of freaky. :ph34r:  :P  

I would agree and sent someone you know very well a PM asking for help to correct this little misstep, but I guess she's just enjoying the laugh too.  LMAO

OK i get it now, he is stuck with it for 30 days.  Ok, so you'll be Alice when you receive your new drivers tomorrow.  Something to look back on I guess.

Hopefully it will be Alice in Wonderland when they arrive.

You Got to be careful what you ask for Alice.  You got it.     :P

Now you all know, but I'm scared to say I'm taking one for the team with a name like Alice.  :huh:

You better change it back by the end of March or I'm submitting your current forum name to the badge creation dept.

That there's funny and I'm thankful that you are such a kind hearted person that would never think about changing my badge...........................right :rolleyes:   I have to admit, that if the heels were on the other foot, I would have

I had told Denise (crap, now I'm a lesbian too) about the whole thing and then she read what I posted, and nearly pis$ed herself.  Have a wonderful day!    Alice!

• Like 3

Since my pals (moderators) haven't been able to help me correct this,

I looked around and didn't see a way to.  I can edit members but couldn't find where to edit members username.  It MAY be possible and I just don't know how.  I'll keep looking.

Since my pals (moderators) haven't been able to help me correct this,

I looked around and didn't see a way to.  I can edit members but couldn't find where to edit members username.  It MAY be possible and I just don't know how.  I'll keep looking.

It's really no big deal if you can't, just pointing out that getting along with certain moderators doesn't change the rules, so there goes the big conspiracy theory!

• Like 1