Sometimes the joke's on you

Pete H

Since my pals (moderators) haven't been able to help me correct this,

I looked around and didn't see a way to.  I can edit members but couldn't find where to edit members username.  It MAY be possible and I just don't know how.  I'll keep looking.

It's really no big deal if you can't, just pointing out that getting along with certain moderators doesn't change the rules, so there goes the big conspiracy theory!

How does it have anything to do with changing rules on something most already know in name changes. It says it right in the guidelines.

The issue is how some members get away with bashing others and continue to,and other members can't say squirt,or they get the thread locked, or worse booted.

I am in no way in anyone's clique, nor care to be, but let's face it, there are cliques on here and some moderators back those cliques more than others. Members are able to complain about peoples names and their signatures and name changes and bash them, but when the member tries to defend themselves,they are the ones attacked.

There are people on here who I don't agree with or even like, and there are members who feel the same way about me, but I respect their knowledge and welcome their input if I can learn something.

But let's call it what it is when discussing moderators and showing some favoritism towards other members and giving them a little more leash than others. And that's fine, friendships develop over time and it's expected. Just try to be a little more fair when someone is defending themselves, even if that person trying to defend themselves is the cause for the thread in the first place.

By the way, I did get a good laugh on this thread from the way the OP wrote it, and I like how a bunch others write as well, but a name change that sticks for 30 days and can't be changed isn't the same as a person being banned or can't respond due to thread locking because one of the "clique" members got the "last jab" in.

• Like 1

By the way, I did get a good laugh on this thread from the way the OP wrote it, and I like how a bunch others write as well

That was truly the whole intent, nothing more and nothing less.  Laughter, Klipsch, music and gear is why I'm here.

If it helps, I can go on the record as never having really liked you.

OMG, my side hurts!  ALICE!

• Like 1

But let's call it what it is when discussing moderators and showing some favoritism towards other members and giving them a little more leash than others. And that's fine, friendships develop over time and it's expected. Just try to be a little more fair when someone is defending themselves, even if that person trying to defend themselves is the cause for the thread in the first place.

Let's say you're a school teacher with 30 students, all exceptional.  Behavior is fine except for 2 kids who are constantly causing trouble.  Something happens and you don't know exactly what started it.  Maybe it was a private conversation that you don't have privilege to.  In any event, human nature is to side with the good student as you know the history of both students very well.  Unfortunately, there is the isolated incident where the good student is actually at fault and you got the call wrong.  It happens.

Members have no way of knowing who gets warning points.  They can only see their own.  Members have no access to the "Reports" area and how those are handled. 

If I personally am viewed as biased then so be it.  I try not to be.  Just remember as you form your opinions, very rarely will you have all the information.

• Like 3

Let's say you're a school teacher with 30 students, all exceptional.  Behavior is fine except for 2 kids who are constantly causing trouble.  Something happens and you don't know exactly what started it.  Maybe it was a private conversation that you don't have privilege to.  In any event, human nature is to side with the good student as you know the history of both students very well.  Unfortunately, there is the isolated incident where the good student is actually at fault and you got the call wrong.  It happens.

Members have no way of knowing who gets warning points.  They can only see their own.  Members have no access to the "Reports" area and how those are handled. 

If I personally am viewed as biased then so be it.  I try not to be.  Just remember as you form your opinions, very rarely will you have all the information.

Carl,

This is the reason you are one of the members I respect, I don't feel you are biased for the most part, and explain yourself much better than most people on here, myself included.

I have seen you let threads morph and evolve more than some of the other moderators. And you are 100% correct in most of us not seeing the behind the scenes things. And I for one would never want to be in those shoes.

Since my pals (moderators) haven't been able to help me correct this,

I looked around and didn't see a way to.  I can edit members but couldn't find where to edit members username.  It MAY be possible and I just don't know how.  I'll keep looking.

It's really no big deal if you can't, just pointing out that getting along with certain moderators doesn't change the rules, so there goes the big conspiracy theory!

How does it have anything to do with changing rules on something most already know in name changes. It says it right in the guidelines.

The issue is how some members get away with bashing others and continue to,and other members can't say squirt,or they get the thread locked, or worse booted.

I am in no way in anyone's clique, nor care to be, but let's face it, there are cliques on here and some moderators back those cliques more than others. Members are able to complain about peoples names and their signatures and name changes and bash them, but when the member tries to defend themselves,they are the ones attacked.

There are people on here who I don't agree with or even like, and there are members who feel the same way about me, but I respect their knowledge and welcome their input if I can learn something.

By the way, I did get a good laugh on this thread from the way the OP wrote it, and I like how a bunch others write as well, but a name change that sticks for 30 days and can't be changed isn't the same as a person being banned or can't respond due to thread locking because one of the "clique" members got the "last jab" in.

Jim,

A year and 4 months, you are still a newbie and haven't been here long enough to have a clue as to what that was all about or what and why that member got banned.

When you don't know what is going on, you will learn more by keeping your theories to yourself, taking a look at what older members post, and asking questions.

You really do not have a clue here...

Roger