Sometimes the joke's on you

Pete H

A more accurate descriptor would have been rough as corn cob toilet paper.

Ughhh......that brings back a bad memory. Part of the reason I don't drink anymore.

Edited by SWL
  • Like 1

I  thought it was funny as hell, and so did several of my Arabic friends. They laughed as hard as I did.

Now cmon....you can't possibly think that "pranking" people like that, in today's reality of suicide bombers, backpack bombers, etc, is actually funny?    If so, I think you have a very warped view of what's going on in the world right now.  I suppose you would just stand there and laugh it off, and say "Must be a joke".....?  I guess I can't count on you to Say Something if you See Something......

• Moderators

I could be a lot more tactful and I am smooth as a corn cobb

As long as he knows that this is just how you are and nothing personal. A more accurate descriptor would have been rough as corn cob toilet paper.

Roger,

I have no issues with your response either, but I am not saying anything about conspiracy theories, and don't like Mark as it is. But that doesn't change the fact about him leaving and coming back. I feel he should be able to if he wants to.And it doesn't change the fact that others were booted for not biting their tongues when going back at other people on here.You can't honestly believe that there isn't any leaning one way more than the other when it comes to friendships on here. That's life. I'm saying if one gets booted, both should get booted, if one spews bullshit, the other should be able to spew the same bullshit back.And if they do, moderators should tell both sides to take it to PM and lock the thread or some how delete what the last person said so the other doesn't feel slighted. That's it. I'm not a little kid who's going to cry because I am not liked by someone and then complain on here and say I want their signature removed, or their comments removed. I could care less if someone likes me or not. Especially when we aren't face to face. I'd prefer to have a good relationship with everyone on here, but I know it's not possible. We are all different and have different ways of thinking and doing things. And some on here have deeper relationships with others than they do with the bulk of the forum. But that shouldn't stop anyone from speaking their mind without fear of getting booted.

So if you have something on your mind and don't like what I say, don't bite your tongue, spit it out. I'm a big boy. I'm sure I've had worse said to me in my face than what anyone on here can say behind a keyboard. I'd rather you call me an A-Hole and get it over with and then move onto the next thread. I promise you I don't hold grudges that way.

As for the situation with Marc and others, half wouldn't be on here if people didn't complain and bash them for us to see.

I'm sorry, if you choose to willingly leave this forum and then decide to involve Klipsch's legal department, I don't care to see you return. Leave, go and don't let the door hit you in the a**! Then, you have the nerve to come backn here under a different name and proceed to act like you are all that...insult our intelligence like we don't know who you are??? Get the heck out and don't come back. Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 1

The only thing that satisfies me more than my purposeful ignorance is my apathy.

By the way Jim -- how was Brian Setzer's Christmas show?

At least now you've figured out how to unclick that stupid italic button.

what are you suggesting Carl?  As an artist, i can’t look at the same thing time after time. Also, since Italics are a way to emphasize key points in printed text, naturally it’s applicable to all of my posts. However, this time i used it because it’s Friday night and i’m a punk.  :) 

• Like 1

As long as he knows that this is just how you are and nothing personal. A more accurate descriptor would have been rough as corn cob toilet paper.

Roger,

I have no issues with your response either, but I am not saying anything about conspiracy theories, and don't like Mark as it is. But that doesn't change the fact about him leaving and coming back. I feel he should be able to if he wants to.And it doesn't change the fact that others were booted for not biting their tongues when going back at other people on here.You can't honestly believe that there isn't any leaning one way more than the other when it comes to friendships on here. That's life. I'm saying if one gets booted, both should get booted, if one spews bullshit, the other should be able to spew the same bullshit back.And if they do, moderators should tell both sides to take it to PM and lock the thread or some how delete what the last person said so the other doesn't feel slighted. That's it. I'm not a little kid who's going to cry because I am not liked by someone and then complain on here and say I want their signature removed, or their comments removed. I could care less if someone likes me or not. Especially when we aren't face to face. I'd prefer to have a good relationship with everyone on here, but I know it's not possible. We are all different and have different ways of thinking and doing things. And some on here have deeper relationships with others than they do with the bulk of the forum. But that shouldn't stop anyone from speaking their mind without fear of getting booted.

So if you have something on your mind and don't like what I say, don't bite your tongue, spit it out. I'm a big boy. I'm sure I've had worse said to me in my face than what anyone on here can say behind a keyboard. I'd rather you call me an A-Hole and get it over with and then move onto the next thread. I promise you I don't hold grudges that way.

As for the situation with Marc and others, half wouldn't be on here if people didn't complain and bash them for us to see.

I'm sorry, if you choose to willingly leave this forum and then decide to involve Klipsch's legal department, I don't care to see you return. Leave, go and don't let the door hit you in the a**! Then, you have the nerve to come backn here under a different name and proceed to act like you are all that...insult our intelligence like we don't know who you are??? Get the heck out and don't come back.

And this ^^^^^^ Jim, has absolutely NOTHING to do with being a clique....

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

I  thought it was funny as hell, and so did several of my Arabic friends. They laughed as hard as I did.

Now cmon....you can't possibly think that "pranking" people like that, in today's reality of suicide bombers, backpack bombers, etc, is actually funny?    If so, I think you have a very warped view of what's going on in the world right now.  I suppose you would just stand there and laugh it off, and say "Must be a joke".....?  I guess I can't count on you to Say Something if you See Something......

See Jim, here's where you're wrong. Not only would I say something, I'd be the 1st one in there doing something about it. The difference between you and me is I can laugh at myself as well as things going on and the humor in this video is more of a mockery of how tight everyone's asses are. I don't need to post about how mad I am at someone for putting my name in their signature and mocking me.

I wouldn't take the time to call, I'd act on it if it were a real situation. And I've done that in the past. If you knew me and where I came from you'd know that. I've been shot, stabbed, and beaten with a baseball bat for getting involved in situations similar to what everyone is so appalled at. I have been called a racist numerous times because of how vigilant I am about things like this. But when a post of a gag video goes up like this, if you can't laugh at it, maybe you're the issue. Just as it's my opinion it's funny and it's yours and others that it's not, doesn't mean that I would not do anything about it. There's where you are totally wrong about me.

Edited by Jim

Hey, this could be Alice Cooper. Somebody you really want to mess with?? ;)

The nurse in this video thought she could mess with Alice.....um, I mean "Dwight Fry" and watch where it got her.   :huh:

Roger,

I'm sorry, if you choose to willingly leave this forum and then decide to involve Klipsch's legal department, I don't care to see you return. Leave, go and don't let the door hit you in the a**! Then, you have the nerve to come backn here under a different name and proceed to act like you are all that...insult our intelligence like we don't know who you are??? Get the heck out and don't come back.

Mark's name was used as more of an example when I stated what I stated, as he was the one everyone was talking about.The other member was Jason.And Jason was booted for the most part because he called out Craig, and no one is allowed to say anything about him due to his product.Now granted Jason also said a few things about a member's daughter that I'm sure he didn't really know, but again he had a target on his back for what he said about Craig. And then there was the issue with Toolshed Matt. But those were also his opinions on their work. Mark's issues with others on here was unknown to me and many other members and we already got that point straightened out earlier.Even though I didn't like Mark and had a few issues with him, I felt he should have been able to come back without repercussion ( not knowing about the legal side with Klispch). I also made the remark on my own issue I had with a member on here that had the clique come to his aid while I was not here. And when someone actually said something on my behalf , they were told by more than one member to mind their business, but how was it their business to speak up? And one was a moderator. So my voicing my opinion on the clique is based on the same 4-5 guys who talk all the Bullshit they want but when someone goes back at them, they are the ones who get attacked or barred.

I have nothing against anyone on this forum, nor do I care to get involved with behind closed door issues, and again my whole point was to say everyone should be treated equal. Moderators should squash it and have both parties go to PM. That simple.

Roger, I also stated that earlier on what you said about not knowing what happened behind closed doors, but it's always the same 4-5 guys who chirp the loudest and when someone chirps back,they get attacked. I agree with you guys sticking together as you have made the relationships on here,and agree that the forum shouldn't be for bitching and moaning, but what was the purpose of Jimjimbos post in the 1st place? If everyone knew it was Mark, he should have just been banned as soon as they found out. We all didn't need to know about it.

Funny thing about it was I actually had better conversations with Mark when he was Joesteph whatever than when he was Mark.