Sometimes the joke's on you

Pete H

You really do not have a clue here...

I think that could have been phrased a little better.

Yes, I could be a lot more tactful and I am smooth as a corn cobb hear, but that does not stop the fact that it is absolutely the truth and you, I as well as others here know it.

I have been biting my tongue here for a while he and that new female member posted about the unfairness of it all without having one single idea of what it was all about.

It is time for him to stop the conspiracy theories and the poor picked on Mark when he does not know what it was about?

A better way to go Jim would be to PM somebody and ask what it is all about,  you might actually learn something!!

at 8 years on the forum, I was the youngest member in that mess, and the member who got banned was the oldest member on that thread.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Since my pals (moderators) haven't been able to help me correct this,

I looked around and didn't see a way to.  I can edit members but couldn't find where to edit members username.  It MAY be possible and I just don't know how.  I'll keep looking.

It's really no big deal if you can't, just pointing out that getting along with certain moderators doesn't change the rules, so there goes the big conspiracy theory!

How does it have anything to do with changing rules on something most already know in name changes. It says it right in the guidelines.

The issue is how some members get away with bashing others and continue to,and other members can't say squirt,or they get the thread locked, or worse booted.

I am in no way in anyone's clique, nor care to be, but let's face it, there are cliques on here and some moderators back those cliques more than others. Members are able to complain about peoples names and their signatures and name changes and bash them, but when the member tries to defend themselves,they are the ones attacked.

There are people on here who I don't agree with or even like, and there are members who feel the same way about me, but I respect their knowledge and welcome their input if I can learn something.

But let's call it what it is when discussing moderators and showing some favoritism towards other members and giving them a little more leash than others. And that's fine, friendships develop over time and it's expected. Just try to be a little more fair when someone is defending themselves, even if that person trying to defend themselves is the cause for the thread in the first place.

By the way, I did get a good laugh on this thread from the way the OP wrote it, and I like how a bunch others write as well, but a name change that sticks for 30 days and can't be changed isn't the same as a person being banned or can't respond due to thread locking because one of the "clique" members got the "last jab" in.

Jim,

A year and 4 months, you are still a newbie and haven't been here long enough to have a clue as to what that was all about or what and why that member got banned.

When you don't know what is going on, you will learn more by keeping your theories to yourself, taking a look at what older members post, and asking questions.

You really do not have a clue here...

Roger

Roger,

I don't care to have a clue, and maybe you should read a little better before saying what you said. I agree I don't know what's going on, and don't look to see how long members are on this forum, but when the ignorant people like me see how there is favoritism, that should tell you something. Whether on here 1 month or 10 years is irrelevant. I am basing my opinion on what I see on here. And if it rubs you the wrong way so be it.

There were several things I didn't agree with on how Marck Deneen spoke to people or even me on a few occasions, but that didn't bother me if he left or was booted, he should have had that choice to leave if he did on his own. There are several others on here who can bash others, but because people purchase their products and have a good reputation for a good product, they get away with it,and the ones who go back at them get barred. How's me sitting back have anything to do with the favoritism being shown? Others have left because of this as well.

Whether you think I have a clue or not doesn't change the fact that there's personal friendships on here that have more weight at times then saying knock it off to both parties.  And as much as I don't have a clue, if you would read my comments you would see how I state that.

My point again is simple, if you boot people for fighting back or knocking a builder because they can't reply with an answer that other builders know the answer to, why does that person get booted for instigating, but the clique is allowed to continue an attack?

Heck I was attacked when I got hurt and broke my back and the clique all had their reasons why I disappeared. And when I did come back and saw all the BS and responded, the thread was locked.  I was called a POS, a deadbeat, someone who couldn't be trusted, had comments not to do business with me as I would not follow through, and several other things, as well as threatened that I was going to be sued over a verbal agreement. And not 1 moderator stepped in and said cut the s#it until I started commenting back.

Heck I was attacked when I got hurt and broke my back and the clique all had their reasons why I disappeared. And when I did come back and saw all the BS and responded, the thread was locked. I was called a POS, a deadbeat, someone who couldn't be trusted, had comments not to do business with me as I would not follow through, and several other things, as well as threatened that I was going to be sued over a verbal agreement. And not 1 moderator stepped in and said cut the s#it until I started commenting back.

Broke your back, ouch.  I gave myself a compression fracture once, it's no fun.

I remember not seeing you on for a while but had no idea why.  I don't recall the conflict you describe but if you have issues with someone attacking you and not your post, either hit the report button or give me (or any moderator) a PM.  No one's saying you can't stick up for yourself but if moderators get involved early on, things usually don't escalate as quickly, or at least that's how it's supposed to work.

• Like 2

I could be a lot more tactful and I am smooth as a corn cobb

As long as he knows that this is just how you are and nothing personal.  A more accurate descriptor would have been rough as corn cob toilet paper.

Roger,

I have no issues with your response either, but I am not saying anything about conspiracy theories, and don't like Mark as it is. But that doesn't change the fact about him leaving and coming back. I feel he should be able to if he wants to.And it doesn't change the fact that others were booted for not biting their tongues when going back at other people on here.You can't honestly believe that there isn't any leaning one way more than the other when it comes to friendships on here. That's life. I'm saying if one gets booted, both should get booted, if one spews bullshit, the other should be able to spew the same bullshit back.And if they do, moderators should tell both sides to take it to PM and lock the thread or some how delete what the last person said so the other doesn't feel slighted. That's it. I'm not a little kid who's going to cry because I am not liked by someone and then complain on here and say I want their signature removed, or their comments removed. I could care less if someone likes me or not. Especially when we aren't face to face. I'd prefer to have a good relationship with everyone on here, but I know it's not possible. We are all different and have different ways of thinking and doing things. And some on here have deeper relationships with others than they do with the bulk of the forum. But that shouldn't stop anyone from speaking their mind without fear of getting booted.

So if you have something on your mind and don't like what I say, don't bite your tongue, spit it out. I'm a big boy. I'm sure I've had worse said to me in my face than what anyone on here can say behind a keyboard. I'd rather you call me an A-Hole and get it over with and then move onto the next thread. I promise you I don't hold grudges that way.

As for the situation with Marc and others, half wouldn't be on here if people didn't complain and bash them for us to see.

Heck I was attacked when I got hurt and broke my back and the clique all had their reasons why I disappeared. And when I did come back and saw all the BS and responded, the thread was locked. I was called a POS, a deadbeat, someone who couldn't be trusted, had comments not to do business with me as I would not follow through, and several other things, as well as threatened that I was going to be sued over a verbal agreement. And not 1 moderator stepped in and said cut the s#it until I started commenting back.

Broke your back, ouch.  I gave myself a compression fracture once, it's no fun.

I remember not seeing you on for a while but had no idea why.  I don't recall the conflict you describe but if you have issues with someone attacking you and not your post, either hit the report button or give me (or any moderator) a PM.  No one's saying you can't stick up for yourself but if moderators get involved early on, things usually don't escalate as quickly, or at least that's how it's supposed to work.

It was over a pair of speakers I was going to buy and the seller said he couldn't get a hold of me, but had my email addresses,phone numbers, and office address. I never got called or anything and even after all that said I would still buy them, but he didn't want to sell them to me.

He put up the post "Looking for Jim in NJ" or something along the lines of that.And then proceeded to lay into me.

Carl,

As much as that infuriated me, I was still willing to take them and move on with things. That was why I kept saying for him to post our emails from here to show what was going on. I didn't want to post them as there were comments,which were then deleted by the members who posted them, that I wanted those same members to see from him posting the emails.