Peyton Manning

jimjimbo

There's a local rumor that the Colt's offered Manning a 1 day contract so he can retire a Colt.

I would be utterly shocked if Manning took them up on that. I bet Peyton is still pissed at Irsay. 

Edited by JL Sargent

There have been other great QB's who have left at the end of their careers after a long run with one team to retire with another.  Joe Montana 49'ers/Chiefs comes to mind.

I don't remember any top QB going to a second team and having the success Peyton did.  League MVP in 2013?  Two Superbowl appearances in three seasons with a win in his last one?  It's unprecedented.

• Like 1

In my opinion, the greatest, smartest quarterback ever.

Any practicing phrenologists here?  Just look at the forehead!  Dude's frontal cortex must be huge, or maybe it's all just a thick bone plate.  Nah, probably brains.

The nay sayers will be along shortly.

I'm with Carl.  They won this year in spite of him.  Glad he finished up here as a Bronco and retired a champion (although I really kinda hate the Broncos).

Two Superbowl appearances in three seasons with a win in his last one? It's unprecedented.

The last Superbowl they went to was in spite of him, not because of him.  No arguing the greatness that was his career though.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, if they hadn't won the San Diego game at the end of the regular season, they wouldn't have had home field throughout the playoffs.  And guess who came in and energized the team, and won that game for them????  So, "in spite of him"????  I disagree.

• Like 1

Two Superbowl appearances in three seasons with a win in his last one? It's unprecedented.

The last Superbowl they went to was in spite of him, not because of him.  No arguing the greatness that was his career though.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, if they hadn't won the San Diego game at the end of the regular season, they wouldn't have had home field throughout the playoffs.  And guess who came in and energized the team, and won that game for them????  So, "in spite of him"????  I disagree.

2015 stats:

9 TD's

17 INTs.

2,249 yards

67.9 QBR.

That'll get you a pink slip most places.

Carl, cmon....Sure, the defense effectively won the Super Bowl for them, but it was not "in spite of" Manning.  It's the "W" that counts...Again, had they not had home field advantage, especially against the slimy Patriots, who knows what would have transpired?   That was the single biggest game of their regular season, and he came in and won it.

Regular season games started:  9

Regular season record: 7-2

Playoff games started: 3

Playoff games record: 3-0