Peyton Manning

jimjimbo

Johnny Stupid.  Do you know how desperate the NFL is right now for starting quarterbacks?  Brock Osweiler has 6 NFL starts and just went to the Texans for $72 million over four years! (edit: numbers corrected)

If Johnny Whatever could simply not drink alcohol for 5 years so he could get paid, he could then afford to stay bathed in alcohol for the rest of his life if he chose to.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Johnny Stupid.  Do you know how desperate the NFL is right now for starting quarterbacks?  Brock Osweiler has 6 NFL starts and just went to the Texans for $75 million over five years!

If Johnny Whatever could simply not drink alcohol for 5 years so he could get paid, he could then afford to stay bathed in alcohol for the rest of his life if he chose to.

This so many times over. The NFL definitely lacks quality quarterbacks. I know Tebow wasn't the best QB (being generous there), but he put butts in the seats...so if nothing else, pick the guy up and ride the money train until he either develops into a better QB or finally fades away to the SEC channel once and for all. 

Edited by homeskizzle

With the amazing increase in talent, size, and speed of defensive players, it's no wonder to me that it has become increasingly difficult to play QB at a high level, and maintain that level over a long period of time.  And, one of the biggest factors is keeping an offensive line unit together.  I have read that it takes at least 2 full seasons for an offensive line to really gel together.

Brock Osweiler has 6 NFL starts and just went to the Texans for $72 million over four years! (edit: numbers corrected)

About half of that is guaranteed and they can cut him after 2 years with no hit to the cap.  That's the going rate in todays market.  He was the best free agent out there, better than a rookie draft pick, studied behind a legend for several years and looked good in the brief time he started.  He even had a couple games with a QBR over 100.  No matter how Elway spins it, they screwed up.  They should have locked him down a year or so ago instead of waiting on Peyton and then realizing they don't have enough cap space to match other offers.

With the amazing increase in talent, size, and speed of defensive players, it's no wonder to me that it has become increasingly difficult to play QB at a high level, and maintain that level over a long period of time.  And, one of the biggest factors is keeping an offensive line unit together.  I have read that it takes at least 2 full seasons for an offensive line to really gel together.

That's why quarterbacks are 250 pounds and 6' 6" tall and the best ones eat nails for breakfast.

JJK

Looks like Denver picked up Sanchez.  Not a bad move.

Woo Hoo!!  Butt Fumbler!

They could do a lot worse than him.  He brought the Jets to the AFC championship game 2 years in a row then succumbed to a head coach that should have only been a defensive coordinator.

Tebow and I'm sure some other QB's that haven't played for a few seasons are dialing the phones and hoping to get some fresh looks based on the lack of available talent.  I'm reading that Hackenburg from PSU could go as early as the second round and that is all based on his freshman year, size and arm strength and completely ignores his inability to read and react and so many poor decisions and bad footwork over the last 2 seasons.  I figured that he would be lucky to get drafted in the late rounds, but that's not what's being said.

Should be interesting to watch, and I can't wait to see which other stupid front office (Cleveland being one of them) gives party Manzellie a shot.