Sealing an RSW-15?

Matthews

but isn't the passive radiator a type of port?

Indeed it is, "babadono" :emotion-21:

My goal was to remove the unwanted resonance (don't know the correct term).  For an odd reason i cant put my finger on, I don't like passive radiators.

I do know my third cherry RSW-15 is in the back of the Subaru ready to go home with me tonight :).

Awesome!!!  Thunder in the skies tonight - Congrats on your new arrival :biggrin:

QUESTION?  -  Is it correct that a longer port tube will tune the sub to an even lower frequency?  On the other hand, shorten to tune a tad higher?  I think tuning any lower than present is beyond my target. 

Thanks,

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Edited by Matthews

I don't know anything....but isn't the passive radiator a type of port?

I do know my third cherry RSW-15 is in the back of the Subaru ready to go home with me tonight :).

Thanks Shodrewken.

Not to steal the post, but no problem bud! Glad everything worked out. Enjoy that beast of a sub!

• Like 1

If that box is 3.72 f3, then with that 3" wide (I think) port:

tuned to about 30Hz now

6" port would be about 25Hz tune

12" port would be about 20Hz

The passive was tuned to 19 Hz, so I'd throw 12" at it and get a microphone to measure the results to see if ported is better than passive radiator-ated.

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

If that box is 3.72 f3, then with that 3" wide (I think) port: tuned to about 30Hz now 6" port would be about 25Hz tune 12" port would be about 20Hz

Thanks Mustang, the new port is 4" wide and current tube length is 10".  Going to experiment with shortening the tube couple of inches tonight.  Don't have any measurement devices other then my ears.  So far, my ears like what they are hearing, liking the port tube much better than the passive :emotion-21:

And so here is what I am going with. 4" port, 12 inches in length. 6 interior, 6 inches outside. There were just no good options at the hardware store to install a 90. All glued up and "the mule" is ready for another run of testing.

post-36834-0-98360000-1460123636_thumb.j

OK, Matt, my final offer . . . the same $250 I offered way back when, before you started all this stuff.  I'll even come and pick it up . . . .

Don't be one of those too proud to accept any offer of HELP.

LOL - you being silly, Jim :)

Wouldn't let this subject go for twice of what I paid. Gonna have to do a little better than 250...

12" is about a 25Hz tune for that box with a 4" port.

For a 20Hz tune using a 4" port, you need 20".

I think that may be just the perfect tune, for my application. Perhaps exactly what I was shooting for? Hopefully a "hells yeah" in the coming days. Thanks Mustang...