Sealing an RSW-15?

Matthews

Sometimes our ideas sound good. Other times, not so much. This was an utter failure. This idea sounds like crap when implemented. You are welcome, the water has been tested and decidedly unfit for human tolerances :)

BACK TO STOCK...

• Like 3

Sometimes our ideas sound good. Other times, not so much. This was an utter failure. This idea sounds like crap when implemented. You are welcome, the water has been tested and decidedly unfit for human tolerances :)

BACK TO STOCK...

Too bad with all the trouble.

Now try porting it.

Bill

• Like 2

I love a person who is willing to try something like this. People can argue and postulate and calculate and hypothesize, but when it comes down to it, performing the actual experiment is the only way to find a decisive answer.

Great job!

IMO, porting can be done without damage if you use the block you made if there is enough room to turn the port before it hits the driver. If you want, go for it...   :)

• Like 2

Hmmm? Hadn't really thought about porting it. Have plenty of room both inside and outside the sub. Maybe another fun experiment? 4 inch port running 6 or 7 inches inside then 90 degree outside towards the floor?

Here we go again :)

Don't get me wrong, the sub never sounded bad. Just like to fiddle around.

• Like 1

When I start messing around like that I usually have a spare to fall back on so that those creative juices are not compromised.

JJK

Just 8 screws and the sub is easily returned to stock configuration. Wouldn't think of altering or damaging the cab in any way. The port will be run through the blank plate I made. If it don't work out, 8 screws and done :)

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure all I was able to accomplish was brushing my teeth in the time it took you to do all this.

Mookie is usually the one teasing me bout' how quickly I move :D  - "Get Er done"...

For some reason having trouble loading pics.  Got it all back together.  Listened to 5 or so songs that I know very well.  In a word, "WOW"!  Did not think it was really going to work.  Thought it would sound OK.  However, it is much better than I had thought.  Think the target is in the crosshairs now :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1