Reference Premiere Vs Heritage

S+J

Hey guys! New to the forum! I recently have found out about Klipsch. I have never heard of them before I started my search for tower speakers. But when I demoed the RP260f towers I couldn't believe how good they sounded. And I had to get them. But now that a couple months have past I recently have found out about the Heritage Heresey speakers. Now I have never listened to a pair before, but love the vintage look of them. Especially those 70th anniversary edition ones Klipsch showed off in January. So my question is how much better are the Heresey then the RP260f speakers? Would they be worth going through the hassle of selling my towers now and then forking over the cash it would take to purchase a new pair?

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Your journey may be very expensive before you reach your destination. You've stumbled onto what many consider the very best loudspeaker systems ever devised.

And I might add, that you'll enjoy every dime you spend.

I have no first hand knowledge of the Heresy. But the Heritage line as a whole is something to behold. You might move to the Heresy, then you'll hear a Lascala...

Edited by Bella
  • Like 2

Would they be worth going through the hassle of selling my towers now and then forking over the cash it would take to purchase a new pair?

No. Buy a nice used pair of Heresy and try them out. If you don't like them, you can resell them for the same price.

I personally prefer the RP series over Heresy, but I think I'm in the minority on that.

Now, if you're talking about some Forte's or Chorus, that's a different story.

• Like 1

Grizzog I enjoyed your review! From what I got from it, the price difference wouldn't quite justify going for a new pair of Heresey. Also you don't quite like the looks of the Heresey compared to the RP towers? And MattSER I just missed an opportunity to snag a used pair of Heresey of craigslist that seemed to be in fine shape.

S+J,

Welcome to the forum.

No. Buy a nice used pair of Heresy and try them out. If you don't like them, you can resell them for the same price.

I agree with this totally.  Used Heresys and Heresy II's are abundant and can be found for as little as $150.00/pair(rarely) up to about $600.00/pair(rarely).  Find you some, demo them for a little while, keep them or sell and recoupe all of your $$$.

I have HI's and HII's and absolutely love them.  They have that something special that is hard to put a finger on it.

The Heresey needs a sub. 

"Need" a sub, not necessarily, better with a tight well blended sub, yes.

Oh, I have not heard any of the Reference Premiere speakers but sure love my Reference IV RF-63's.

Where are you located?

Bill 

Edited by willland

this is Home Theater, ALL SPEAKERS need a subwoofer... that's a non-issue.

FWIW, I love my heritage and HT!

True all speakers need a subwoofer for HT and this thread is in the Home Theater forum, but the OP only mentioned a pair of Premiere Reference towers.

I edited my last post. ;)  :D

Bill

Grizzog I enjoyed your review! From what I got from it, the price difference wouldn't quite justify going for a new pair of Heresey. Also you don't quite like the looks of the Heresey compared to the RP towers? And MattSER I just missed an opportunity to snag a used pair of Heresey of craigslist that seemed to be in fine shape.

Actually, I love the way the Heresies look. They are so ugly that they are cool and they make me smile every time I see them. As far as sound goes, it's much different than the RP and they have a soul that the new ones just don't seem to have. Which one is better is up to you. Heresies are definitely worth a listen but I wouldn't say they will blow yours away.

• Like 2

Actually, I love the way the Heresies look. They are so ugly that they are cool and they make me smile every time I see them. As far as sound goes, it's much different than the RP and they have a soul that the new ones just don't seem to have. Which one is better is up to you. Heresies are definitely worth a listen but I wouldn't say they will blow yours away.

Sorry for misinterpretating you. Not trying to get off topic, by what do you think of the 70th anniversary limited edition Heresey?

Willand I'm located in the Midwest in Iowa!

These are not Heresys but you definitely will not "need" a sub with these for just music.

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/ele/5470409422.html

00I0I_9CGgM373gki_600x450.jpg00J0J_2KGZk33jNi9_600x450.jpg

Bill

I guess that depends on the music you listen to.  I listen to all kinds of music, but some of it definitely digs pretty deep.  

Sorry for misinterpretating you. Not trying to get off topic, by what do you think of the 70th anniversary limited edition Heresey?
70 anniversary ones are sweet looking. But holy cow at a premium. Not something I would ever pay for. I'd rather buy a used pair and have a cabinet shop wrap an exotic veneer and have myself a one of a kind pair. That is if they were keepers for your ears.

70 anniversary ones are sweet looking. But holy cow at a premium. Not something I would ever pay for. I'd rather buy a used pair and have a cabinet shop wrap an exotic veneer and have myself a one of a kind pair. That is if they were keepers for your ears.

They've announced the price for them??

I guess that depends on the music you listen to.  I listen to all kinds of music, but some of it definitely digs pretty deep.  

Okay, your are right.  I guess I am saying that Cornwall II's are very capable speakers for most music.

Bill