I am done with this LG french door fridge

USNRET

Yes, I have followed this thread closely and the "Jason" that pops up and I have had several conversations (paid for the service). he is the one that led me thru several different airflow panel replacements. The sensor on the first answer to the folks in Costa Rica is the one arriving today so I'll give that a shot this evening. Originally, that sensor was dismissed after continuity testing but on the off chance that it is intermittent........

I have found that cleaning cycles and F5 door switch faults go hand in hand.

I think that's it...something like the door switch or lock switch.

It's only "F-5", nothing else.  I'm not even sure where the part is located but as I understand, it is user replaceable if you know where to look for it (I presume after shutting power down to the range of course) 

When able provide the model number Richard.

KEDS 207YWH

Just looked and it does seem to be called the door latch error

Been nice had I know of this while they were still making a part for it, I would have bought a spare.

GE appliance is now owned by Frigidaire

I thought GE appliance division was bought by Haier, the Chinese company.

Keith

My bad Keith, I was caught up in the moment, you sir, are correct sir. :o

No biggie. I remember reading that Electrolux was going to buy GE then later reading that Hairy chinese company was going to buy. Thought I might have missed something.

Keith

When able provide the model number Richard.

KEDS 207YWH

Just looked and it does seem to be called the door latch error

Been nice had I know of this while they were still making a part for it, I would have bought a spare.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHIRLPOOL-KITCHENAID-KENMORE-Range-Oven-Door-Latch-3171148-814262-AP3119494-/121904427633

Is it possible to get your ohmmeter on that switch to confirm?

Also, possibly remove or access the latching mechanism/ switch  - see if the problem is mechanical-  in the latch - or in the switch.

Switch should be readily sourceable by #s on it, through electronics house, if not via "appliance parts" route

Another possibility --  I would assume only two terminals are used on switch.

Jumper it out for a while see if problem goes away, then go from there.

Lars

s-l500.jpg

Appliances these days are over complicated POS's and I like many of you do a lot of research prior to making any major purchase and when we purchased our GE Profile, it was because of all the major component's were covered for 5 years and I don't play the extended warranty game anymore. (whole different story on my plasma TV)  The best ratings on refrigerators are mediocre at best considering that many of them are written by people that haven't even owned them a year, so you can throw those out and any long term reviews of almost all refrigerators that offer electronic controls and icemakers suck, regardless of what you spend.  GE appliance is now owned by Frigidaire, which actually is the worst company I've ever had to deal with regarding service so I cross my fingers and know that I'm covered for 5 years for anything to do with the cooling system and if the icemaker craps out, oh well.

Currently looking for a new gas range (36") and I don't even want a digital clock on it.

Sorry for the rant, and I hope you're successful in the repair.    

Pete - Check out Kenmore branded ranges in the approx $600 range and look for two important features - #1 - Individual burner  btu. The better model will have one burner that goes lower than typical, for loww simmerring. But also - same range will have a higher than typical burner for like quicker spaghetti pot boiling.

#2 - Grates covering entire surface, with no dropoffs or like valleys between burners.

Lars

On the door latch....  my (poor) memory says when I looked up the part number he gave me, it was more of a wiring harness thing.  Guess I need to try to find that invoice with the part number on it.

Lars, regarding the oven not being self cleaning....  simple....  microwave.

:D

hmmm....curious question on the latch.  (I realize nobody might know)

If that latch pictured is the issue with my door....  could I just unplug it?  (or short it) 

I don't know what the switches on it do but frankly, I don't need them to bake my cinnamon cakes...

USNret -  FYI, for now or future, theres a hole in the wall but good people parts/ some service for appliances and HVAC in AP.  Lars

Freeman Air Conditioning & Appliance Parts
Air Conditioning Contractor

Address: 735 N Commercial St, Aransas Pass, TX 78336
Phone:(361) 758-5233