I am done with this LG french door fridge

USNRET

3 y.o. >$2500 fridge that is a POS and there is no-one within 2 hours that will work on it anyway. The air ducts freeze up and then the evap fan contacts the ice making noise then the fan stops running so an error code is set and fridge shuts down. Every 2-3 months I have to take everything out, manually defrost so the air duct ice melts and go again. I have purchased the NEW / IMPROVED panel that added heating loops to melt the ice build up (NOT).

Anywho, I am searching for new fridge  as it is down AGAIN

I have considered the coil ice detector but was assured the 'new panel' would fix it. Shown in the photo below the middle fan (air flow from freezer to fresh food) contacts ice and sets the eF (evap fan) code. The top panel shown is the new model with heater coils that energize when in de-frost mode to melt the offending ice. I do not get any ice build up anywhere else that is visible. I guess I could disassemble ONE MORE time to put freeze spray on th evap coil ice detector and check for continuity.

post-19886-0-69960000-1459385619_thumb.j

Good news is that it appears Matthews knows how to work on them and he is only 1.5 hours away

Then he gets steak, ribs, beers, drink of choice and paid. The wife just walked in and and told me "I know my MacGyver tried his best, go buy another one"

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 3

Try this first, before "throwing in the wrench"...
Well since I know where that is and how to access it...........seems that this line of fridge is a little particular about model / serial number; wanta submit a best guess P/N?

Good news is that it appears Matthews knows how to work on them and he is only 1.5 hours away

Then he gets steak, ribs, beers, drink of choice and paid. The wife just walked in and and told me "I know my MacGyver tried his best, go buy another one"

Matt is cheap date. I can easily pay him in router services. He always has a project!

• Like 2