4 r-112sw

Josh810

So guys I need your help, I have 2 r-112sw and debating trading them in for a pair of the 115sw or purchasing 2 more 12s and either doing double stacked corner loaded or place 4 12s on a mantle that is elevated 1' off the ground, I love bass..

I say run 4 112s. Better coverage in the room and probably lower excursion/distortion because 4-12s have more piston area than 2-15s.

Would you recommend double stacked or in a row ? Will having the subs elevated effect any sound quality performance? Good looking article I will defiantly read it when I'm off of work

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=120210

if you put one sub in the center of each of the 4 walls you'll have the best coverage possible. One in each corner will give you almost as good coverage as one centered on the wall but give you a little more output.

Unfortunately upfront is my only option

what do you mean by trading them in

i think the members answers will be 50/50         whats your gut telling you to do

you say you love bass       then you might as well get the 15's     and then 2 more 15's

one thing we do agree on is we love to spend other peoples money

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

Would you recommend double stacked or in a row? Will having the subs elevated effect any sound quality performance? Good looking article I will defiantly read it when I'm off of work

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=120210

Placing the subs near room boundaries increases the low bass output, almost 3 dB per surface.  On the floor against a wall will be better.