What do you when?

The Dude

You pull up to camp and see some speakers from a distance? You get out and check them out and ask the manager what the scoup is. When told they are going to the trash, you double check your findings and grab them if you think they are something. Yesterday when I pulled up to my camp ground I noticed some over by the dumpster, so yes I grab them as I recognized the name and possible model number. Cosmetically not great, but cabinets seem solid and the woofers are rotted. I haven't opened them up to check for mice nest or eve tested them but I figured what may be one man's trash is another mans treasure.

See if you can guess what they are. Of coarse these are in my garage now, so the pic was after I picked them up. Yes i know they are not Klipsch. If they were Bose i would have help the manager with putting them in the trash.

8017c2ca67e9702fe94d9084b24a4887.jpg

Edited by duder1982

You all are close and I think for the most part are from the same era.  There is a couple of big names that haven't been listed.  But like you I wasn't thinking someone wouldn't throw these out.  Who knows maybe they tested them and found out they don't work, which I plan to do this evening.  If all drivers are good and are original, they may worth fixing up.  I will reveal more this evening.

They look a lot like JBL L100T

A fellow who knows hos stuff. Great job!!!

9e23f9cd258cd133abc76343d3b6a437.jpg

I had a pair of the JBL 250tis, the pyramid looking ones in teak. They sounded great but were power hungry.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by duder1982

They look a lot like JBL L100T

A fellow who knows hos stuff. Great job!!!

9e23f9cd258cd133abc76343d3b6a437.jpg

I had a pair of the JBL 250tis, the pyramid looking ones in teak. They sounded great but were power hungry.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I think you will find that the L100T will be on the "power hungry" side too. 

Nice grab. I found a pair a couple years back out in the trash for pick up in the morning. Mine were JBL T400's if I remember correctly. Honestly, mint outside the fact that one of the tweeters was fried. I found a replacement on Ebay for like six bucks and flipped them for $200 on Ebay about three months later. Thanks neighbor!

Tim

• Like 1