My Buddy Hanging With Joe Bonamassa

willland

My buddy Hal of almost 47 years ran into Joe Bonamassa on Tuesday at Norman's Rare Guitars in Tarzana, CA.

Joe is holding a 71 Gold Top Deluxe that Hal is buying and Hal is holding Joe's 59 burst "Carmelita".

Bill

post-24680-0-44380000-1461285618_thumb.j

• Moderators

Did he have Joe sign the one he bought?

Just saw Joe, one of faves.

A prodigy that actually made good and didn't get.too messed up along the way. I think that was in large part necause he had parents who saw him as their son and not a meal ticket.

Edited by dwilawyer

Did he have Joe sign the one he bought?

I don't think so but I will ask him.

A prodigy that actually made good and didn't get.too messed up along the way. I think that was in large part necause he had parents who saw him as their son and not a meal ticket.

Hal said that Joe was real friendly and was like talking to a regular guy.  

Bill 

From the photo above, can you tell the difference from a $4000.00 guitar and a $400,000.00 guitar? :unsure:

Bill

Which one is Joe ?

Joe is on the left holding the guitar Hal was buying. Hal is "carefully" holding Joe's third of a million $+ 59 Les Paul.

Bill

True Story: I found an early 70s gold top Les Paul (looked just like the one Joe is holding there) at a yard sale about '78 or '79 for $200.00. I was 15 at the time and my mom informed me that $200 was too much to pay for a yard sale guitar...... I was sick over it, then two years later a friend offered me a '72 Strat with Fender Princeton tube amp for $200.00. I at least got that one!