Shot Gorilla - ?What Sub-Moron designed.....

Karsoncookie

Enough time has passed Gil - What your photo did not show, is a very engineered (probably out of an armchair) 5'2" glass wall supported by those visible members in your chosen photo.

From Wiki page--   

"The deck of the Skywalk has been made with four layers of Saint-Gobain Diamant low iron glass with DuPont SentryGlas interlayer. Deck width is 10 feet 2 inches (3.10 m). The Skywalk glass sidings were made with the same glass as the deck, but fewer layers (two) bent to follow the walkway’s curvature. The glass sidings are 5 feet 2 inches (1.57 m) tall and have been designed for high wind pressures"

Re: the absent parents -They are apperently absent.

One part of the equation.

What does fire need?

.220px-Fire_triangle.svg.png

Take any ONE away, the fire stops.

What does mold need to grow in your house walls or anywhere else ??

fungus-amoung-us-the-beginners-guide-to-

Take ANY one away, the mold stops.

So now you got a kid looking at Gorrillas.

We have - Insufficient control by Parents,Poor barrier, Gorrillas.

Take any one away, and we woudn't be typing here.    Lars 

I have 4 kids, 15 year old triplets and an 11 year old. Never ever has any one of them ever gotten away from me when out in zoos, amusement parks, or anywhere else like a public place. And if I ever wanted to take pictures of an animal, they'd be in front of me, picked up and held, or on the side of me holding my hand, each others hands, and told not to move. Especially at the age of the child. And if they didn't want to listen, we'd leave immediately.

The child who fell in told his mother numerous times he was going to climb in there.Then when he started, the people around him ignored the fact as they did not want to get involved. I for one would have said something to the lady,kid, and would have grabbed him had I seen something like that, and then laid into the mother.But that's just me.

So my take on this is two fold, the parenting, and the people who watched and did nothing. Not the zoo. This is what we have done to society, take the blame from the parent,and put it on anyone else it will stick to.

That area to me was more than fine. But I'm sure my opinion will differ on this.

It was a terrible accident that could have been prevented had the parent took her child by the hand instead of telling him to put it in her back pocket,and then ignored him stating he was going to climb in there. Or she could have just picked him up and held him while taking a picture,or put him on her shoulders. I've had my triplets on my shoulders,holding onto my back like a back ride,and holding one in the front at the same time. 1 child should be easier to handle than 3.

• Like 1

Never ever has any one of them ever gotten away from me when out in zoos, amusement parks, or anywhere else like a public place.

And if I ever wanted to take pictures of an animal, they'd be in front of me, picked up and held, or on the side of me holding my hand, each others hands, and told not to move. Especially at the age of the child.

And if they didn't want to listen, we'd leave immediately.

That last sentence is how children learn trust, and learn boundaries.  It makes kids grow up feeling secure and emotionally healthy because they know somebody is in charge.

+++

Jim just articulated the very definition of an effective parent.  Not a "good" parent, not a "bad" parent.

An effective parent.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Reminder to attack the post, not the poster. 

That is the stupidest post I've ever read.  :-)

Seriously Carl, that is great in theory.  Unfortunately, many individuals on Internet boards fail to see the distinction.  If someone asks whether Klipschorns are better than Jubilees, there are owners of each who are thin-skinned enough to feel personally insulted if someone has the nerve to disagree with his/her preference.