What's wrong with this picture?

DizRotus

A white van pulled up in front of a high school.  A man got out with two instrument cases and approached the front doors.  A uniformed security guard exited the school and greeted the man carrying a saxophone case and a trombone case.  The man told  the guard that he had spoken with Tim, the band director, about donating the instruments, and that Tim asked him to leave the instruments at the main office.  The guard held the door to the school and then held the door to the office. The man repeated the story to a woman in the office and was told to set the two cases against the wall.  The man did so and left.

• Like 1

Actually a very good what if....I know for sure where I live the schools have security activated let me in systems. You press the button and someone from the admin listens to what you have to say....Suppose the person in the admin office is wrong?????

Edited by Steve_S
  • Like 1

Wouldn't happen these days in my kiddos' schools. I have to be checked out with picture ID checked against the computer records on file before getting past the front entry way. My Homeland Security access card ID doesn't allow me to bring water bottles to the marching band practice lot without a specific local police background check on file.

Either the district's access policy is flawed or the 'guard' didn't comply.

Edited by USNRET

When I started to read  "A white van pulled up in front of a high school" I figured he would have a deal on Clips speakers.  

Lars

It is very sad that this forum is full of the horrors that have happened...

I know this is a Klipsch forum and I know its discussion is music...

We are all humans reaching out through this forum....Our ideas, whether shared or not,  makes us individuals.....

Lets protect individuality...

• Like 1

How many school districts can afford a guard, metal detectors, card reader, etc? Plus the training, awareness or focus on security for our kids? Overall, it's mostly pretty damn pathetic.

This is where you get the Government behind this....

With the government behind this....

Your kids will have all the tools to be successful individuals...

Not just because the government provided this....

You as a parent have to get involved with your children...

Raise them as you wished you could have been raised...Another words, praise them,...

From first born till 20 years behind you,..

Family comes fist and it starts with Dad and Mom...

Edited by Steve_S

How many school districts can afford a guard, metal detectors, card reader, etc? Plus the training, awareness or focus on security for our kids? Overall, it's mostly pretty damn pathetic.

This where you get the Government behind this....

All  that kind of thinking goes away real quick......

To get the government behind this notion, the schools may need to first provide a bathroom/locker space for transgender students.

• Like 1

This where you get the Government behind this....

All  that kind of thinking goes away real quick......

To get the government behind this notion, the schools may need to first provide a bathroom/locker space for transgender students.

Funny....

I didn't think of the transgender issue....Note... I did not say a "problem"

All I can add to this transgender issue....

Is get over it people.....

Edited by Steve_S
  • Like 1

If you haven't guessed by now, I was the man with the instrument cases. The white van is used in my business. I was unpleasantly surprised that I was able to leave those two cases in a school without anyone questioning the contents. You could hide a lot of danger in those cases. Heck, you could put explosives inside the instruments, which argues for more than a cursory inspection by at least only opening the cases to verify that they contained instruments, which did not happen.

As a parent of two sons who went through that school, should I report this to someone? I would hate to get the guard or woman in trouble, as they were very cordial, but USNRET is correct.

Either the district's access policy is flawed or the 'guard' [and woman] didn't comply. The policy is inadequate or it was ignored.

I'm a stranger to those people. They don't know me from Adam. They should have verified the contents of those pressure cookers . . . I mean instrument cases.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

If you haven't guessed by now, I was the man with the instrument cases.

The white van is used in my business. I was unpleasantly surprised that I was able to leave those two cases in a school without anyone questioning the contents.

You have an honest face.  :D

You could hide a lot of danger in those cases. Heck, you could put explosives inside the instruments, which argues for more than a cursory inspection by at least only opening the cases to verify that they contained instruments, which did not happen.

As a parent of two sons who went through that school, should I report this to someone? I would hate to get the guard or woman in trouble, as they were very cordial, but USNRET is correct.

No, don't report.  Remember 99.99% of the time there is no problem with guns or bombs and the guard came to see you personally.  The school did its job.

Even though I was being a bit coy directly above, there are people who look like they could be trouble, and that ain't you. 

There is FAR greater danger to your children from bullying and drug dealers sneaking back into the school, and the occasional distraught parent in a custody dispute trying to take a kid out of school.

• Like 1

I would mention it DR. I don't think in this day and age these schools, bars, concerts, and whatever else should be lax at their jobs of at least taking a quick peek to see what "guests" are bringing into the buildings. Sorry too all who are PC, I am not....at all. I have a hard time trusting people and I certainly do not trust the government. Day in and day out we see stories about the TSA, NSA and anyone else that is supposed to keep people safe letting us down. If you really care about your way of life, and your kids way of life with all of their freedoms.....take the extra second to question when things don't add up.  My two cents

Tim