Website Overhaul Aug 2016 - Questions and Comments

This thread is intended to be general in nature.  Make your comments, good or bad about how you feel about the Facelift 2016.

This can also be a place for suggestions.

+++

The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate.  I like the new emoticons pop-up.  It looks like it's going to be far easier to insert pictures via drag and drop.

So far I like what I'm seeing.  :emotion-21:

(Edit: Please see the this thread for further discussion:)

37 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

This thread is intended to be general in nature.  Make your comments, good or bad about how you feel about the Facelift 2016.

This can also be a place for suggestions.

+++

The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate.  I like the new emoticons pop-up.  It looks like it's going to be far easier to insert pictures via drag and drop.

So far I like what I'm seeing.  :emotion-21:

I have 2 questions. 1-can we still use tapatalk? It doesn't seen to work for me. 2-I usually only use the mobil website, is there a way when you go into a thread with something unread, can you get directly to the first unread post? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, dtr20 said:

can we still use tapatalk?

Yes, but not yet. Gotta re-install the plugin. Give it a shot now.

1 hour ago, dtr20 said:

I usually only use the mobil website, is there a way when you go into a thread with something unread, can you get directly to the first unread post?

Yep, if you tap on the time/date on the right-side of a thread in the thread list (just below the profile pic of the last poster), it'll take you directly to that last post.

You can also make custom "activity feeds" in the Activity tav in the site navigation, which is pretty cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akdave said:

I see a number assigned to our reputation, what affects that and how do I become the most popular forum member in the world?  My ego is at stake here!  ;)

On this platform, it's how many times someone has clicked "Like this" on your posts. So, if I were to "like" one of your posts, then you'd get another reputation point.

Using Chrome latest on Win 10.  When I click to "Submit Reply," it says, "Saving..." and hangs.  There is no page refresh.  The post is being saved - just no refresh.

Edit:  It just worked. Maybe the pattern is when I save a post which quotes from another post.  I'll be on the look-out and let you know if I see anything else to add.

Edit Edit:  It just hung when I tried to save the Edit, above.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Using Chrome latest on Win 10.  When I click to "Submit Reply," it says, "Saving..." and hangs.  There is no page refresh.  The post is being saved - just no refresh.

Edit:  It just worked. Maybe the pattern is when I save a post which quotes from another post.  I'll be on the look-out and let you know if I see anything else to add.

Check this out: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/announcement/5-forum-site-performance/

26 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

One feature I used to use and wish could be restored is the text editor's button to indent/unindent paragraphs.

Yeah, but that's extremely old-school. I don't know of anyone who really does that these days, except for someone who's writing a book. It's just not common enough I guess. I haven't indented a paragraph since the 90s.

Edited by TwoCables

You use to be able to see the last 10 posts at the top. You could go from one topic to another without hitting the same back button over and over again. I didn't make my tablet crash/ hang. Why the f  should I have to give a reason for edit. Maybe we need to know more about how to use it. It seems sterile 

• Chad locked this topic