college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

Just now, CECAA850 said:

I also guarantee you 100% they aren't bitching to the referee.  That guy was a beast.

LOL!  I didn't even notice.  To be honest I napped pretty much through the 3rd quarter.  It wasn't the game, it was me being tired after Monday night racquetball.

The NFL has made a big deal about their officials being in shape.  Maybe the college officials are going the same route working out.

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No more than any of the other 99 offensive plays they ran.

Oh come on.  That is such a specious argument!  I've heard it a million times from little league coaches and it is dependent on using 20-20 hindsight, always from the losing coach.  :lol:

+++

Edit:  Regarding the pic you posted ^^^, THAT is a set of arms! 

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I 100% guarantee you the Alabama people are screaming about the lousy officiating. 

You are, as you are so often, wrong.

I thought it was an excellent game and I thought Clemson played the better game, thanks to their quarterback. Congratulations to Clemson and to Coach Swinney, a University of Alabama alumni and former coach.

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Oh come on.  That is such a specious argument!  I've heard it a million times from little league coaches and it is dependent on using 20-20 hindsight, always from the losing coach.  :lol:

+++

Edit:  Regarding the pic you posted ^^^, THAT is a set of arms! 

No, it's an accurate argument.  That's why you keep hearing it.   Regarding the play itself, you can google "was the Clemsom last play legal" and 99% of the articles say it was. 

Just now, CECAA850 said:

No, it's an accurate argument.  That's why you keep hearing it.   Regarding the play itself, you can google "was the Clemsom last play legal" and 99% of the articles say it was. 

Oh, come on, it's the "woulda shoulda coulda" argument.  Trust me, I know exactly what you're saying, but I've thought it through and I don't go with the dogmatic conclusion.  I can argue persuasively both sides.  It's just too much minutia to go through it again right now.

Like the little league coach, there are 18 outs for each side and every kid on his team COULDA hit a home run making the last blown call by the ump not matter.

But the fact is, each kid did NOT hit a home run, and when the ump blew the last call on the game winning play, it DID make a difference.

It's a better argument (MUCH better) to say that it was not an illegal play BECAUSE the ref did not call it.  It's only illegal if the ref says it is.

C'est la vie. B)

• Moderators

I'm just glad Alabama lost, not for the players or the area but just for the coach. I don't really keep up with college football but just do not like Saban and it has nothing to do with LSU, not crazy about them either, I just don't like NS.

It was a good game, I hate blowouts. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

99% of Google said the other candidate would win the election too.............

A pick is illegal in college football. There are no LEGAL picks in college or NFL football. Simply put, if it's legal it ain't a pick.

It did appear to have a lot of shady or non calls throughout the whole game.

23 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

99% of Google said the other candidate would win the election too.............

A pick is illegal in college football. There are no LEGAL picks in college or NFL football. Simply put, if it's legal it ain't a pick.

Neither the players nor the play makes it legal; the officials on the field make it legal.  B)

This turn of events is unfortunate.  We must accelerate our plans.