college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

40 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

99% of Google said the other candidate would win the election too.............

A pick is illegal in college football. There are no LEGAL picks in college or NFL football. Simply put, if it's legal it ain't a pick.

Someone else bringing politics into the fray.  Shame. We're not talking about a prediction, we're talking about something that happened.  There was no offensive pass interference.  The defender gladly engaged the man he was in charge of covering.  Like I said, they should have run a zone defense and it would have been a moot point.  Tim Williams said it shouldn't have been flagged as well.  If the players know it's a routine play then there's really no issue.

I'm just making an observation and had no favorites.  Everyone here knows I rarely ever watch college football and have no allegiance.  I actually went to bed early in the 4'th quarter and watched recaps this morning.  If the same thing happened to the Houston Texans though, I'd be up in arms :P  It's ok to be a fan boy.

My opinion Clemson is almost an NFL team---win any way you can and at all costs. Pick if you can, hold if you can, interfere if you can, bad mouth if you can, face mask if you can, block below the knees if you can, block in the back if you can, etc. Once you learn all of this stuff and how to circumnavigate the rulebook you will be in the Hall Of Fame.

JJK

12 hours ago, JJkizak said:

My opinion Clemson is almost an NFL team---win any way you can and at all costs. Pick if you can, hold if you can, interfere if you can, bad mouth if you can, face mask if you can, block below the knees if you can, block in the back if you can, etc. Once you learn all of this stuff and how to circumnavigate the rulebook you will be in the Hall Of Fame.

JJK

That's virtually any team.  Push the envelope every chance you can.  The referees job is to make the calls, the players job is to make plays.  I have no use for dirty players but players that push the envelope are the ones that you want on your team.  When you prepare for a game, you should know what penalties the referees normally call and which ones they don't.  It's all part of preparation.  If you think Alabama players don't hold/pull/interfere, you're fooling yourself.  It happens in every game on every team on every Saturday (and Sunday).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

If the same thing happened to the Houston Texans though, I'd be up in arms :P  It's ok to be a fan boy

Well guess what Carl, you're going to get your chance this Saturday night.....Belichick and the Patriots are the masters of the pick play.

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Well guess what Carl, you're going to get your chance this Saturday night.....Belichick and the Patriots are the masters of the pick play.

I'm not overly hopeful on the outcome of that game for several reasons.  I'd also be thrilled if Houston only lost by one score in the last second.  Well I wouldn't be thrilled, but I'd be amazed if they were ahead that late in the game with a chance to win.

43 minutes ago, richieb said:

You really think the Pats will need to rely on a pick play to beat the Texans? Really --- only if Tommy hasn't eaten his daily quota of kale sandwiches!?

They not only rely on it, like Jim said, they perfected it. It will be a major upset if Houston wins this game....but you never know. 

I would like to see someone different in the SB and win it all, but I have a feeling in will be NE and Dallas in the big game. As much as I dislike NE, ANYBODY but the Dallas Cowgirls. I have a feeling Marcia Brady will get another ring<_<

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Let's see how they do with Green Bay first.

28-24 Green Bay.  That should be the best game of the weekend.  Seattle/Atlanta will be close behind.  Although I am a Seattle fan, I think the Falcons just have too much offense for them to handle.