Neil Young Loves Klipsch

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

It is well know that Neil Young likes horn loaded speakers and is a Klipsch owner, but I didn't realize he also loved Klipsch R6 ear buds.

"Neil Young was interviewed on episode #199 of the TWIT network's Triangulation program about his Pono Music Player, the super high fidelity audio player that plays back up to 192 kHz / 24 bit, and when asked what kind of headphones he uses said that when he is on the go he prefers Klipsch R6 in-ears. He thinks they are the best, fit well, and have a good balance between bass and treble. Paul Klipsch started making loudspeakers in 1946. Thecompany, located today in Indianapolis, began making in-ear headphones and headsets in 2007."

EDIT:  Added the quote above, the link to the video is a post below.

I like him and it was cool interview. Has anyone on the forum bought one these Ponos ? I would like to hear one not sure I want to buy new recordings again though. I went through that on the CD fiasco they sound ok and easy to deal with I guess. I'm glad I kept my turntable and all my albums though.

• Like 1

My Pono player was a lifesaver during recent 16+ hour flights between Chicago and Hong Kong.  Without it, I would have gone bonkers.  

The woman next to me on the flight to Hong Kong kept bumping the turntable causing the needle to jump; plus you can only fit so much vinyl or CDs in an overhead.

Seriously, the ESS DAC in my black Kickstarter Pono player is a bargain.  The portability is nice, but not the reason I bought it.  We're it to die, be lost or stolen, I would replace it in a heartbeat.